Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Songs of the Bushmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpeterson View Post
Would you think it worthy of mention in the campaign if McCain's associates included an unrepentant bomber of abortion clinics? I thought so.
Can you say straw-man?

How 'bout we change this up to say that it happened in the late 1940's (when McCain was a child) and that by the time, oh say in the late 70's, McCain met him when they were working in education? Oh and how about the clinic bomb didn't kill anyone, (though for the 40's it might should be something other than a clinic) the associate wasn't convicted due to prosecutorial misconduct, he now works as a college professor, the mayor of the town he lives in has stood up for him, and McCain has shown no indication of agreeing with his actions or his philosophy?

In that situation, would I care? No. If Obama was down six points with less than a month to go, might his campaign think about using such a connection? Probably. Would it still be wrong? Yes.

Edit: I realize that Ray and violetcrown said much the same thing, but this talking point just annoys me.

Last edited by Xelgaex; 10-10-2008 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Needed to add something.