Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2007, 03:02 PM

Default What's Wrong with Ann?

I do not understand why so much vituperation is directed at Ann Althouse. I think there is some astonishment and bitterness that a youngish blonde (and a LAW professor to boot, training OUR young!) is NOT a doctrinaire liberal. I will not claim her as a conservative, because she is not doctrinaire about anything. I would probably classify her as a sensible or realistic libertarian (as opposed to the loony Dr. Paul, who apparently thinks America should be a Switzerland with nukes). How would you compare her to Mr. Scher, who just repeats whatever he has read on Lefty blogs? Her insights are good -- for example the phallic signifigance of the carrots in the Clinton "Sopranos" commercial was obvious, if denied by Lefty bloggers -- and she is very good at decoding messages that are being sent to us by the candidates, which are not restricted to health care plans, and the culture. The Clintons are experts at sending such messages "under the radar." You seem to denigrate her because she does not parade her erudition. She tries to seem norrnal and down to earth, qualities that are not valued here in at Bloggingheads.tv. I think she is very self-confident. She does not need to PROVE how smart she is. Where she is speaks for itself. I wish that I had known a professor like her at law school. Try to be more polite about her in your comments. I enjoy her blog very much.