Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: A good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
David_PA:
I come to BH.tv to listen to people who are smarter than I am discuss topics more deeply than I've considered them. AA doesn't deliver, and it bugs me that she gets to be on so often, when there are a million other voices I'd rather be hearing. I acknowledge that other visitors to this site may not share my exact desires, but it seems to me that there are 500 channels out there, filled with the same sort of airy chit-chat and shallow thinking that Ann Althouse epitomizes. Why can't those other people just turn on their TVs?

So much for a short summary. Sorry about that, Floyd.
Floyd??

Ha - didn't realize you and Ann had such a history. Well, if she has the guts to come back on BHtv after absorbing that rant, you at least have to give her credit for not being thin-skinned, unless she's deaf.

Maybe we should pair Ann up with you, B!

She did interrupt too much in the blogging segment, which was probably too silly to have included, esp. with Stephen playing too much the neophyte.

But, in other segments, she was more substantive. Stephen actually expands on one of Ann's points about Hillary on his blog - that her secretiveness about her views during Bill's admin put her in a double bind. Not only is the secrecy itself a problem, but because of it Hillary isn't taking credit for any independent thinking she may have had during the Bill era and thus is in the anti-feminist position of saying that her strength is that she was "there", but as a wife, not as a politico.

I don't recall your trying to run off Charlotte Hayes for her far-short-of-smart stances.

I'm definitely not taking the position that Ann is of the caliber of Rosa or Robert. I'm only saying that I don't think she deserves such castigation. Surely, there are other BHtv vloggers than Ann who don't discuss topics "more deeply than you've considered them" or who aren't "smarter than you".

Last edited by David_PA; 12-29-2007 at 11:03 PM..