Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: NBC

Thanks, Dave. I appreciate the point about Eastern Time and Central Time, however, I'm talking about the part of the show on the hour, when Matt Lauer throws it over to the studio and a newsreader recites the top stories. If this segment is also prerecorded and shown with a time lag, it's going to look embarrassing and unprofessional, as it did. So I'm not letting them off the hook because they save the fluff stories about kids and food and drink and health care to run at a particular time in each time zone.

Moreover, when important enough news happens, regular programming should be suspended, and the news department should step in and show its depth. For the show to continue the way it did, without supervening news coverage of something that is so important to U.S. interests and to the world, is a concession that the network is not serious about news coverage.

And I don't give a damn about "The Today Show." It has not been my practice to try to obtain news that way. I get my news on line. I'm simply describing what I do sometimes when I want to see live video coverage of an important event. I went first to Fox News and CNN and then, for comparison, I checked out the networks — and was disgusted with it.

Quite apart from whether they're keeping up with the breaking news "The Today Show" is really bad. I mean, I suppose they're meeting somebody's needs, but I never want to look at that again.