Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 PM

Default Re: "These people are terrorists"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderment View Post
Gingrich is really stirring up a lot of anti-Israeli and anti-American hatred with his inflammatory (and stupid and inaccurate) comments on Palestinians.

It's hard to walk back these remarks down the road if he is the candidate or (God forbid!) the president. First, he said the Palestinians were "an invented people" and followed up with "These people are terrorists."

The negation of Palestinian existence is a staple of the extreme right wing Settler movement in Israel (people that make Netanyahu look like a liberal peacenik), so the Gingrich rant is getting a lot of press in the region as an example of how the American presidency could once again turn very ugly and dangerous.
Definitely horrible. I heard that, but forgot which one said it.

To be honest, I actually don't understand why thoughtful, intelligent and decent seeming people like Michael and Daniel, and others who appear here, support these people or this party or this awful movement. I wish one of them would explain it some time.

I get that they hate the Democrats for supporting big social programs like health care and what not, but actually most liberals have moved pretty far away from being wedded to really big government programs to help people, recognizing the problems that can be associated with that, or really intrusive intervention on behalf of the public, also recognizing that this can also have unintended negative consequences.

Last edited by Diane1976; 12-12-2011 at 11:51 PM..