Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2008, 09:41 PM

Default Re: The Clash of Civilized Bloggingheads

It's refreshing to hear Reza's views on Obama's perceived support among Republicans, the necessity of real expertise in the next president, and the labeling of clashing civilizations. Although I would love Obama to be our country's next president, if he gets the nomination I will not be at all surprised if he doesn't win the general election. I also will not be surprised if all the pundits who are now saying it's not about race later say that it is all about race. I personally know too many people who would not at all be considered rednecks, they are college-educated, middle-class Northerners, but still they are racist. Most are also moderate Republicans. Nevertheless, this says more about the media's spin on the current political climate, than it does about ordinary Americans. However, whatever the media says then reverberates into what Americans start saying. Like Reza pointed out, when it comes to actually picking the next president in the privacy of the voting booth, a whole different viewpoint will most likely be expressed. It is not the one you see on tv, but the viewpoint that is expressed in hushed tones around the dinner table and, unfortunately, not a wholly open-minded, tolerant one.