Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > General comments on Bloggingheads.tv
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

General comments on Bloggingheads.tv Post comments about our website here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2008, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Roll over stuff on the main page

Quote:
I think you're being unreasonably stubborn.
I've been programming for 35 years, and for about 10 in the middle there, working on medical devices, military weapons, CIA listening devices and army battlefield communications, people's lives depended on me getting it right. As far as I know, I didn't get anybody killed. When working on encrypted communications for financial transactions, I managed to not lose any of them. "Unreasonably Stubborn" is pretty much my job description as a project manager (although I prefer the term "exacting") and a lifetime of being unreasonably stubborn about software quality is difficult to cast aside just because it would be convenient. I am not being a Luddite, but in this particular application simpler was better.

I am aware of all the workarounds you mention; and that is the "work" I was talking about having to do. It is irritating, and even more irritating is the fact that this irritation is not acknowledged in any way, and is apparently not going to be addressed. I conclude from this that Bob Wright does not give a shit, does not regard the comment section or the comfort of his viewers as valuable, and for me that diminishes the value of contributing.

It is not eliminated yet (as this post exemplifies), but between the tiny view screen and the dysfunctional comment section, I am less enthusiastic than I once was. Oh well, nothing lasts forever, and it was fun while it lasted.