Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2011, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Dunkirk (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalcop View Post
Five staffers and they still can't explain to diavloggers how to do a mic check?
This is a seriously unfair criticism. We all have different relationships to technology and many of the participants may not be comfortable adjusting the equipment, no matter how many times the staffers explain how to do it. Glenn Loury, for example, has the very distracting habit of jiggling his camera. Since I like him a lot and since I find his diavlogs almost unwatchable when he's bouncing around the screen, I've written to him on three separate occasions to ask him to please try to avoid camera movement. Each time he's promptly and courteously replied to apologize and promise to do better. And he does... for a while until he forgets again.

As far as I know, the participants aren't paid and some of them tape at work, or have kids, and may not have ready access to a perfectly quiet space.

Plus, of course there are the inherent vagaries of technology. Ever had problems with Skype or other communication links? How many techs do they have maintaining their systems. Considering that BH is a very low budget operation, and also considering how much it costs us to watch, it seems to me they do a great job.