Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2010, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Socially-Disadvantaged Minorities=Non-Asian Minorities

Quote:
Jews pay higher taxes because they earn more. In all racial matters they are (correctly) treated as white. I think some ultra-orthodox qualify for small-business advantages because the UOs tend to be poor though. Also, what do you think of Bryan Caplan's brand of "pacifism"?
This was my quote and the argument is pretty straightforward. The "Slavery Tax" is how Sailer refers to things like affirmative action which were meant to advantage blacks in comparison to whites. AA has obviously metastasized since its inception, with even sillier things like "country of origin" now considered. Three things we know about Jews: they vote for democrats and their corresponding race agenda much more than goy whites do, they are counted in the white cohort for the purposes of AA, and they cluster way at the type of the white cohort. So, when it comes time to advance low-scoring blacks and latinos over higher-scoring whites, most Jews won't notice because they're clustered atop the white heap. Hence, AA doesn't cost them much directly because it's mostly shafting goy whites. There are even occasions where AA directly benefits Jews, such as when a school is deemed to be asian heavy.

This is all about the zero-sum racial aspects of AA, but it seems obvious that AA costs everyone.

Quote:
education for conscientiousness or self-control under the assumption that we can't do much about IQ.
Your definition of "education" is more limited than mine because I would include Obama telling blacks that their overreactions to cops are costing them a lot as an element of it.