Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2010, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Diagnosis and potential solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Zeko View Post
Why not?

I don't know if you've already checked this, but there have been 70 men (of course zero women) who've run the 100 meter dash in fewer than 10 seconds. Please guess how many of those 70 are black (sub-Saharan African) and then check this link. It's the fifth paragraph, beginning, "Nearly all the... "

How close was your guess? I ask people this question all the time and the ones who are way off are always smart liberals.

Regarding the one-drop rule. But, the distinctions can be muddy, just as the distinctions between things that are termed "region" can be. As Sailer has also said, a race is a large extended family with some inbreeding. Sometimes the race is more insular and the people within it vary quite a bit from others outside it. Some people are so mixed as to be almost unclassifiable. If race is such a nonsensical concept, then you'd think liberals would be calling government unscientific for making so many decisions based on it, but I don't see that happening.

On a diavlog where you didn't comment, Razib Kahn covered the idea of variation succinctly with Eliezer Yudkowsky and Yudkowsky had an excellent response when they discussed the White Supremacist/Nationalist response to it. If your question is whether I believe that there are Africans who are super smart and Japanese who are really stupid, the answer is "yes."