Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Science Saturday: Singularity Edition

Though I had "nothing else to do" while watching and now while typing...sorry but I feel compelled to comment.

Indeed a gaffe as far as openers to an interview, but I believe I did understand John's intended meaning. However, it did set the flippant tone for the interview: read through some of the articles, I've been doing this for years, but they said AI would be advanced in 10 years so I'm weary at best.

John, I'm sure your very accomplished in the field of journalism, and I appreciate you taking your valuable time to participate in diavlogs about interesting topics in modern science. Maybe just a quick vacation is in order.

Sorry to be dismissive, but after I read your reply in the thread it seems you might have felt it too. But then the - kid you're wasting your time - thing killed me. Your condescension stood in the way of a natural flow of information. Perhaps you should ignore your journalistic experience and focus on your awe of science.

What I did get out of the vlog was the deliberate and accessible comments made by Eliezer.