Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Life, the Universe and Everything
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Life, the Universe and Everything Post comments about everything else here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2011, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Eat the "Rich"

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn_karate View Post
That is an accurate portrayal of my view. I find it a little shocking that you are the only other liberal that finds Eli's caricatures of liberalism offensive.

before Eli started posting i thought that the right wing caricature of liberals was completely baseless. Now i have to reassess that based on Eli's embrace of the idea that liberals don't believe in personal responsibility and the general approval he meets with from twin, uncle eb, ocean etc. Far from a full throated defense of liberalism, i find Eli's posts to be slyly underhanded attempts* at discrediting the liberal point of view - and I think that is born out by Operative's approval of Eli's posts.

on the other hand, my political views are idiosyncratic enough that I recognize that although i strongly identify as a liberal, I'm probably not a very good representative of the majority of people who also identify that way.

* speaking of effect rather than motivation, i have no reason to believe that eli is anything but sincere in his posts.
it all makes a lot more sense if you recall that Eli has copped to spending a lot of time in santa cruz, california.