Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > General comments on Bloggingheads.tv
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

General comments on Bloggingheads.tv Post comments about our website here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2012, 05:57 PM

Default Re: holy cannoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by handle View Post
Still no link or context.
All you had to do is copy and paste the quotes into a search and they would come up. Come on, you do this all the time.

James E. Hansen
(born March 29, 1941) heads the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York City, a part of the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. He has held this position since 1981. He is also an adjunct professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Columbia University.

Quote:
If the overwhelming majority of Scientists are wrong, but measures are taken to limit CO2 emissions, we will have extended our immediately usable energy supply indefinitely, limited other toxic pollutants, given ourselves the gift of energy independence and the increased national security that comes with it.
The move to produce cleaner, sustainable American energy will offset what ever we lose not buying oil from the now globalized fossil fuel industry.
I agree that fossil fuel use is a problem and that we need think carefully about how to limit our dependence. Think of what we'll save in heating fuel if the planet warms !

But we can't forget that they have allowed and continue to allow for a great advances in human progress.
Quote:
But my bullshit meter says you are betting all our farms on a dangerous global corporate agenda. Good luck with that!
Well I certainly can't speak for anyone else on my global corporate board of directors but it is my bullshit meter which makes me skeptical of the goofy hysteria about this subject.

Last edited by badhatharry; 02-01-2012 at 06:17 PM..