Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Stupid pointless flame wars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Stupid pointless flame wars Flame wars from diavlog threads are dumped here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)
All hope abandon, ye who enter in.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2010, 03:32 PM

Default Re: from Loury & Wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post
Heh. I've seen Schwartzman in a couple movies.

Haven't seen (or heard) of Damages. Yeah, you're right about discussing likes and dislikes of shows, etc. Some just hit one wrong. People rave about Grey's Anatomy, but I think it's super dumb.

Seen Breaking Bad? It stars the Dad from Malcolm in the Middle. It's pretty good, but after too long, I would be getting caught up in all these great stories. I heard The Wire is excellent, but I just don't want to get caught up in yet one more story. I'm maxed out from the 90's. Besides, one day, I want to get a super good show and watch, maybe, three episodes in a row till its all played. I have goals.

Breaking bad is awesome, give me great actors and writing and I'm in every time.
As for "goals", I have had fun when I discover something I missed, and can rent the DVDs and watch whole seasons in sequence, with no ads, and no week long delays between episodes. Probably my favorite was Six Feet Under. I think you might like Damages, and you can rent it on netflix. Journalists and politicos love The Wire, but it does demand your attention.