Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2011, 07:43 PM

Default Re: World Historic Edition (Mark Schmitt & Daniel Foster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceelf View Post
That's too bad, because my claims were about the things people say, not about art, however kitschy or well-done.

I realize that I have earlier admitted to not being an expert on our forum system, but I feel like if I had made a claim about artistic representations I'd remember.
Actually I thought the point was "expression", artistic or vocal. You didn't make it very clear. In any case, I provided you with some vocal absurdities at your request.

Quote:
And, also, you again are pretending that I claimed that no one said silly things about Obama.
Again, my point is that you suggested equality. It isn't equal. Neither in volume or grandiosity.

Inside baseball fanatics don't really count. There were people who thought Carter and Hoover walked on water: they usually worked for them. I think you will admit that Obama had a much more significant cult.

I'm trying to find out what is so objectionable about this. "Pray for Michelle"? So? He seems to correctly assume Michelle Bachmann winning the primary would be miraculous.

I didn't link to anyone praying that Obama would win. I linked to one guy who said he was God (A significant media personality, BTW). One lady saying he was going to solve all her problems, and a group of young men chanting in militaristic fashion about the glory of Obama.

Now, I have a great deal more. Hollywood made songs out of his speeches, and got his supporters to sing them. How grandiose is that? Surely you must admit that this whole thing went too far. And that it isn't equatable to any GOP Presidential candidate running this year.