Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Life, the Universe and Everything
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Life, the Universe and Everything Post comments about everything else here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2009, 08:30 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Democracy at Work

Obama signs S-CHIP legislation.

I was ambivalent about Obama among the possibilities in the Democratic field. This is a pretty good validation of the Democratic process, in my opinion. Go Obama!

And, may I say: FU Michelle Malkin. (No link.)

Quote:
The kiddie human shield strategy strikes again.
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!

Last edited by AemJeff; 02-04-2009 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Added blockquote from MM's blog
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Democracy at Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
nd, may I say: FU Michelle Malkin. (No link.)
Good policy.

Whenever I hear her name, I can never decide which title is more appropriate, Unhinged or In Defense of Internment.

Oh, and woo-hoo! to the S-CHIP news. Thanks for passing it along.

[Added] Hee hee! Really weak sauce from Malkkkin: won't someone think of the poor people who are going to be hurt by this bill because tobacco taxes are going to go up?

[Added] Apparently, Republicans who voted for S-CHIp are now to be referred to as "Trojan Horse Republicans" (because they let a tax increase sneak in). The Freepers and other loyal parrots are already chirping it.
__________________
Brendan

Last edited by bjkeefe; 02-04-2009 at 09:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: Democracy at Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
Good policy.

Whenever I hear her name, I can never decide which title is more appropriate, Unhinged or In Defense of Internment.

Oh, and woo-hoo! to the S-CHIP news. Thanks for passing it along.
Unhinged is just typical Regnery stupidity, like Liberal Fascism. In Defense... was odious, and pardon me, indefensible.

(I get your point - just saying...)
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!

Last edited by AemJeff; 02-04-2009 at 09:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Democracy at Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
Unhinged is just typical Regnery stupidity, like Liberal Fascism. In Defense... was odious, and pardon me, indefensible.

(I get your point - just saying...)
Yeah, just a joke.

In other news, feast your eyes on Malkkkin's mad Photoshopping skillz:



I never thought I'd see anyone worse than Perez Hilton, but I think she wins this crown, too.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2009, 10:04 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: Democracy at Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
Yeah, just a joke.

In other news, feast your eyes on Malkkkin's mad Photoshopping skillz:



I never thought I'd see anyone worse than Perez Hilton, but I think she wins this crown, too.
Yeah - generations of specialists will be required to interpret her fiendishly subtle semiotics. Jeeze. And the fact is, I don't think she's stupid. I do think it tells us a lot about what she thinks of her target audience.
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Democracy at Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
Yeah - generations of specialists will be required to interpret her fiendishly subtle semiotics. Jeeze.
Heh.

Quote:
And the fact is, I don't think she's stupid. I do think it tells us a lot about what she thinks of her target audience.
I'll give her credit for not being Joe-the-Plumber stupid. Her ability to twist anything and everything into a source of outrage shows some mental agility.

By the same token, though, I cannot think of anyone as zealous as she is as all that bright. Or maybe she is, but if so, then the only other explanation is that she's insane.

I don't get the same sense from her as I do from, say, Coulter, about exaggerating her beliefs to play to a target audience. There's no way anyone could churn out that much bile every day as she does on her blog just to keep up an act. And no one could make up the Dunkin' Donuts scarf jihad -- that takes a True Believer.
__________________
Brendan

Last edited by bjkeefe; 02-04-2009 at 10:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.