Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Bloggingheads Bloggingheads is offline
BhTV staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,936
Default The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2011, 12:39 PM
DenvilleSteve DenvilleSteve is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,460
Default Tea party members would volunteer to run the government

Tea party members would be glad to volunteer their time and operate the national parks and smithstonian museum in the event of a shutdown. We could deliver the mail, run the railroad. Will people still receive their unemployment checks? If so, bring those people in and they can staff the government agencies.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
piscivorous piscivorous is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,593
Default Re: Tea party members would volunteer to run the government

As a point of information the US Post Office is an "independent" entity supposedly free of Government funds and thus it's operations will not be subject to the shut down.

As to your broader point even General Patton found he could not run the rails, or for that matter much else, in Germany with out retaining many of Nazi managers.

Last edited by piscivorous; 04-08-2011 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-08-2011, 07:41 PM
handle handle is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,986
Default Re: Tea party members would volunteer to run the government

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscivorous View Post
As a point of information the US Post Office is an "independent" entity supposedly free of Government funds and thus it's operations will not be subject to the shut down.

As to your broader point even General Patton found he could not run the rails, or for that matter much else, in Germany with out retaining many of Nazi managers.
When piscivorous has to pry your head out, it's time to cut your losses.
(unless you are me, of course )
__________________
"God is a metaphor for that which trancends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that." J. Campbell
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Starwatcher162536 Starwatcher162536 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,658
Default Jesus Christ Peanut Butter!!!

Stop adding any suffixes of the "o'gate", "gate", etc like to the end of anything you think of as a scandal on pain of ... umm ... me bitching at you.
__________________
Six Phases of a Project: (1)Enthusiasm (2)Disillusionment (3)Panic (4)Search for the Guilty (5)Punishment of the Innocent (6)Praise and Honors for the Non-Participants
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Jesus Christ Peanut Butter!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwatcher162536 View Post
Stop adding any suffixes of the "o'gate", "gate", etc like to the end of anything you think of as a scandal on pain of ... umm ... me bitching at you.
Like Stargate?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-08-2011, 04:34 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: Jesus Christ Peanut Butter!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Like Stargate?
As a genre example, that was definitely a scandal!
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Unit Unit is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

"if you are poor or if you are old..."

You can be old and rich and then it's ok to be subject to the risks of reality. The question I have for both sides is why not reinforce the safety net for the poor but drastically cut the safety net for the rich. Why is this not on the table?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
"if you are poor or if you are old..."

You can be old and rich and then it's ok to be subject to the risks of reality. The question I have for both sides is why not reinforce the safety net for the poor but drastically cut the safety net for the rich. Why is this not on the table?
Because the rich already have a "safety net." It's often referred to as "wealth."
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Unit Unit is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
Because the rich already have a "safety net." It's often referred to as "wealth."
What? How does that answer my question?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
What? How does that answer my question?
In what sense was that a real question? The notion of a" safety net" was invented in specific reference to people with so few resources at their disposal that any setback is a probable disaster. It's incoherent in the context you cited.
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-08-2011, 10:55 PM
badhatharry badhatharry is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: eastern sierra
Posts: 5,413
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
In what sense was that a real question? The notion of a" safety net" was invented in specific reference to people with so few resources at their disposal that any setback is a probable disaster. It's incoherent in the context you cited.
Maybe you didn't read his question correctly.

Quote:
The question I have for both sides is why not reinforce the safety net for the poor but drastically cut the safety net for the rich.
__________________
"By pursuing his own interest he frequently promotes that of the society more effectually than when he really intends to promote it." Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-09-2011, 09:13 AM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhatharry View Post
Maybe you didn't read his question correctly.
Eh, I think you're right. I was breaking in a new phone and probably paying more attention to what I was doing (and doing it with) than I was with the content.

My bad, Unit.
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Unit Unit is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
Eh, I think you're right. I was breaking in a new phone and probably paying more attention to what I was doing (and doing it with) than I was with the content.

My bad, Unit.
No problem. One thing I haven't been able to do is to keep up with the forum on my phone. How do you do it?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-09-2011, 12:46 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
No problem. One thing I haven't been able to do is to keep up with the forum on my phone. How do you do it?
Up 'til now I've been using a Blackberry, and I only posted with that infrequently because between the screen and keyboard sizes, plus the quality of the available browser, it was just too much effort. I've just traded the BB for a Droid 2, which beats it on all the above criteria, so we'll see. I think it will still be more effort than it's worth if I want to post supporting links and otherwise put up posts with any complexity, but it does seem capable of letting me keep up with the forum and post relatively simple items much better than the old phone did. We'll see.
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Unit Unit is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
Up 'til now I've been using a Blackberry, and I only posted with that infrequently because between the screen and keyboard sizes, plus the quality of the available browser, it was just too much effort. I've just traded the BB for a Droid 2, which beats it on all the above criteria, so we'll see. I think it will still be more effort than it's worth if I want to post supporting links and otherwise put up posts with any complexity, but it does seem capable of letting me keep up with the forum and post relatively simple items much better than the old phone did. We'll see.
Does it display a simplified version of the forum where it's easy to navigate between posts or do you get a perfect replica of the screen-shot you would get on a regular computer? I don't know if I'm explaining myself.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-09-2011, 09:28 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
Does it display a simplified version of the forum where it's easy to navigate between posts or do you get a perfect replica of the screen-shot you would get on a regular computer? I don't know if I'm explaining myself.
I understand what you're asking. It renders a close replica of what you see on a computer screen. The one maddening detail is that in hybrid mode (which I almost always use) there's no scroll thumb on the subwindow containing the tree view of forum posts. It's often more trouble than it's worth to look for the context of replies that don't quote what they're replying to. The browser renders in landscape mode if you hold the phone that way, and that makes for a pretty readable display, and the touch screen is a decent mouse proxy, although some of the tiny icons used by the forum software make for pretty itty targets for a fingertip to find.
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
I understand what you're asking. It renders a close replica of what you see on a computer screen. The one maddening detail is that in hybrid mode (which I almost always use) there's no scroll thumb on the subwindow containing the tree view of forum posts. It's often more trouble than it's worth to look for the context of replies that don't quote what they're replying to. The browser renders in landscape mode if you hold the phone that way, and that makes for a pretty readable display, and the touch screen is a decent mouse proxy, although some of the tiny icons used by the forum software make for pretty itty targets for a fingertip to find.

Yes, you're describing it pretty well. I also have an Android, but one of the older versions. I have the same difficulties you describe. I decided to use linear mode instead of threaded. But the main problem is that I don't have/ see the buttons for reply/quote at the end of comments, so literally I can't write comments on my phone. I have no idea whether there's another way to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-09-2011, 10:32 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Yes, you're describing it pretty well. I also have an Android, but one of the older versions. I have the same difficulties you describe. I decided to use linear mode instead of threaded. But the main problem is that I don't have/ see the buttons for reply/quote at the end of comments, so literally I can't write comments on my phone. I have no idea whether there's another way to do it.
I could have sworn that not too long ago, I'd seen results from a mobile version of this site when using Google to search the forums. But now I don't see any of those in the queries I've tried. I wonder if they did away with m.bloggingheads.tv or whatever it was.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Yes, you're describing it pretty well. I also have an Android, but one of the older versions. I have the same difficulties you describe. I decided to use linear mode instead of threaded. But the main problem is that I don't have/ see the buttons for reply/quote at the end of comments, so literally I can't write comments on my phone. I have no idea whether there's another way to do it.
I don't have a problem with the Quote/Reply buttons on this phone. Do you know if you have the latest appropriate version of Android running on yours?
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
I don't have a problem with the Quote/Reply buttons on this phone. Do you know if you have the latest appropriate version of Android running on yours?
My phone doesn't support the newer versions of Android. I would have to get a different phone.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:32 AM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
Does it display a simplified version of the forum where it's easy to navigate between posts or do you get a perfect replica of the screen-shot you would get on a regular computer? I don't know if I'm explaining myself.
Hi Unit,
The iPhone 4 gives you a perfect replica of the screen you would see on a regular computer. Here are a couple of screenshots I just took to give you an example. The first shows the site in portrait mode, the second in landscape mode.




__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith

Last edited by TwinSwords; 04-10-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 AM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

One thing you will note, if you are viewing the previous post on a regular computer, is how enormous those screenshots are -- much bigger than the phone itself. This is because the pixel density on the iPhone 4 is much greater than on a conventional desktop or laptop monitor. The iPhone 4's screen resolution is 960x640, so the pixel density is 326 pixels per inch -- so great that the human eye cannot make out individual pixels.
__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-10-2011, 11:44 AM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSwords View Post
One thing you will note, if you are viewing the previous post on a regular computer, is how enormous those screenshots are -- much bigger than the phone itself. This is because the pixel density on the iPhone 4 is much greater than on a conventional desktop or laptop monitor. The iPhone 4's screen resolution is 960x640, so the pixel density is 326 pixels per inch -- so great that the human eye cannot make out individual pixels.
That's an interesting bunch of numbers to look at. Two questions, because I am too lazy to look up the answers for myself:

1. Have you any idea what the threshold PPI value is for the normal human eye?
2. You say that the PPI on your phone is large enough that you can't see individual pixels. I wonder if you have ever been able to notice artifacts due to the pixel-based display, such as the jaggies on a diagonal or curved line. Or do you think it's the case that anti-aliasing techniques, combined with the small pixel size, have pretty much eliminated that possibility?
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:36 PM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
That's an interesting bunch of numbers to look at. Two questions, because I am too lazy to look up the answers for myself:

1. Have you any idea what the threshold PPI value is for the normal human eye?
I do not. I picked up that little factoid from the Apple iPhone 4 marketing materials. As good as any science text, I like to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
2. You say that the PPI on your phone is large enough that you can't see individual pixels. I wonder if you have ever been able to notice artifacts due to the pixel-based display, such as the jaggies on a diagonal or curved line. Or do you think it's the case that anti-aliasing techniques, combined with the small pixel size, have pretty much eliminated that possibility?
No, I don't think I have seen any artifacts or jaggies. The rounded edges on the various images are amazingly clear and sharp.
__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-10-2011, 12:57 PM
nikkibong nikkibong is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,803
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

how do you get unlimited PM space? mine tops out at fitty.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 PM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibong View Post
how do you get unlimited PM space? mine tops out at fitty.
You mean those big images? I'm hosting them on Image Shack, and then embedding them with the little Insert Image icon on the post toolbar. You know, the one that looks like this:
__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSwords View Post
You mean those big images? I'm hosting them on Image Shack, and then embedding them with the little Insert Image icon on the post toolbar. You know, the one that looks like this:
No. He refers to the number of PMs that shows on the little square on the upper right corner, with the Welcome, TwinSwords heading.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:02 PM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
No. He refers to the number of PMs that shows on the little square on the upper right corner, with the Welcome, TwinSwords heading.
Oh, gotcha. Mine tops out at 200. No idea why, though I wish it was higher.
__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSwords View Post
Oh, gotcha. Mine tops out at 200. No idea why, though I wish it was higher.
You're special, Twin, that's all.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:15 PM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
You're special, Twin, that's all.
Personally I think bhtv should give us each 25 gb storage for PMs. ;-)
__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSwords View Post
Personally I think bhtv should give us each 25 gb storage for PMs. ;-)
Meh. It's easy to clean up every now and then. It takes about 15 seconds.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:26 AM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
Up 'til now I've been using a Blackberry, and I only posted with that infrequently because between the screen and keyboard sizes, plus the quality of the available browser, it was just too much effort. I've just traded the BB for a Droid 2, which beats it on all the above criteria, so we'll see. I think it will still be more effort than it's worth if I want to post supporting links and otherwise put up posts with any complexity, but it does seem capable of letting me keep up with the forum and post relatively simple items much better than the old phone did. We'll see.
I'm in a similar situation. I was using a different phone until about a month ago, when I got an iPhone 4. The thing absolutely rocks. I didn't do a detailed comparison to the Droid 2 before I bought it, though. I wonder how the two compare. What does Droid 2 use for a browser? The iPhone uses Safari, and I'm pretty impressed with how well it works.
__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-10-2011, 10:24 AM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Android uses a native, Webkit based, browser which shares DNA with Safari (I have to assume) but which I'm sure is most closely related to Chrome (of course.) I can't compare it directly to any mobile competitors except for the BB OS 5 native browser, and to a lesser extent, Opera on BB - neither of which compares favorably.
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!

Last edited by AemJeff; 04-10-2011 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-08-2011, 09:06 PM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
"if you are poor or if you are old..."

You can be old and rich and then it's ok to be subject to the risks of reality. The question I have for both sides is why not reinforce the safety net for the poor but drastically cut the safety net for the rich. Why is this not on the table?
Because the rich control the government and both political parties.
__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Unit Unit is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSwords View Post
Because the rich control the government and both political parties.
I think that's part of it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 PM
JonIrenicus JonIrenicus is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,606
Default Pickett Party Republicans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickett's_Charge#Aftermath


They need to be ignored. The republicans need to take the 30+ billion in cuts without a government shutdown, and get over the abortion provisions and the epa and other trivialities that NO ONE #$%^ING CARES ABOUT!

If you are going to Die in a charge, or stand your ground, do so on better ground than this. When the debt ceiling issues comes up, they have a stronger hand even IF there is a shutdown, at least there they can say they are holding out for something more substantive, like some spending cuts or concessions etc.

It's stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. Christine O'Donnel as the republican candidate for Senate stupid.

This is why stupid people annoy me. They muck things up. They do not hold the presidency, they do not hold the senate, they have finite power. And some of these tea partier types are acting like the barking Chihuahua, completely oblivious to the fact that if they actually went toe to toe with their foe they would likely be maimed and left for dead.

Last edited by JonIrenicus; 04-08-2011 at 07:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-08-2011, 07:37 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Pickett Party Republicans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonIrenicus View Post
They need to be ignored. The republicans need to take the 30+ billion in cuts without a government shutdown, and get over the abortion provisions and the epa and other trivialities that NO ONE #$%^ING CARES ABOUT!

[...]

This is why stupid people annoy me. They muck things up. [...]
How do you feel about being on the same page as Michele Bachmann?
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Speaking of Paul Ryan ...

... Scott Lemieux has accepted the Krauthammer Challenge!

Quote:
What Would a Democratic Ryan Plan Look Like?
Intro here, full column here.

It is to dream ...
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 PM
badhatharry badhatharry is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: eastern sierra
Posts: 5,413
Default Re: The Week in Blog: The Makings of a Phenomenon (Bill Scher & Matt Lewis)

Bill, how did the left not treat the passage of the Affordable Care Act as a victory? I thought it was a big fucking deal.
__________________
"By pursuing his own interest he frequently promotes that of the society more effectually than when he really intends to promote it." Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.