Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2008, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Fireworks over Tehran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
Eli started out seeming so uncharacteristically sweet and reasonable, I figured he must have dropped acid or something, but by the time the DV moved to its treatment of the nature of political discourse in the US, I was back to my previous conviction that Eli Lake is definitely hard-wired at the DNA level for political partisanship and disingenuousness and frankly is utterly incapable of stepping outside of that box to admit even the most obvious points made by conversational challengers.

EW
Likewise, Heather's patronizing was held in check for a few minutes, before the lecturing "Eli, Eli" cadences began. It's distracting and condescending, Heather, and suggests a lack of respect for your debating partner, Heather.

And what's with the characterization of the smear campaign being completely one-sided (some Republicans are trying to their darndest to push us back into the smear cycle, and Democrats are pushing back as hard as they can)? Seriously? Eli is correct to call that argument disingenuous.

On the other hand, Heather is spot on about "Do They Know It's Christmas" being a better song musically than "We Are The World," though arguing the merits of these songs reminds me of the memorable South Park debate between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.