Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Character evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
I don't see how there is a failure in that series of observations. Government funding of education is not, in and of itself, always entirely wrong. But discriminating against better performing minority groups is wrong, and creating a system in which more bad students end up in universities is bad. You're dodging the issue of the discrimination against better performing minority groups and I wish that you would address it.
To address it, I would have to take your word for it, you rant, but do not support. If it is the case, I did say that changing is better than eliminating, and you thinly qualified your broad brush statement here:
Quote:
It does matter who is loaning them money because much as with the housing market, the government creates artificial demand through practices that the market would not naturally have. And the problems that we've had have mostly been caused by government intervention, not the absence of it.
Nice job backing off of this, though.

Quote:
The issue is that they're really not different.
Really not? These are complex issues who's causes are not as singular as you are trying to make them IMHO.

Quote:
So how precisely do you measure intelligence?

Also, have you taken the GRE? I think it's perhaps the best measurement exam, particularly the quantitative section, because it tends to measure your problem-solving ability as opposed to some more arcane aspects of lower maths.
I've never taken the GRE, but my problem solving has served me well and was the main reason I did well on tests.
BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU A GOOD STUDENT!!!!!
Are we talking about intelligence, or potential to excel in the higher ed environment? There you go branching the discussion again, I'm done, you can't seem to stick to your absurd conjectures, and I understand why.