Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Life, the Universe and Everything
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Life, the Universe and Everything Post comments about everything else here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2011, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Your Person of the Year ?

Andy Borowitz. For those of us who agonize over American politics (everyone?) he brings great comic relief. He's probably been doing it for years, but I just discovered him because he tweets masterfully. Thank you, Andy, for making my political year far more bearable than it otherwise might have been.

Classically, he is already all over Time's Person of the Year, nominating Pepper Spray:
Quote:
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) – The Fox News Channel made history today by naming “pepper spray” its Person of the Year for 2011.

Fox anchor Megyn Kelly noted the historic nature of the nod, indicating that pepper spray was “the first food product, essentially” to receive such prestigious recognition.

“From Tahrir Square to lower Manhattan to UC Davis to Walmart, brave little pepper spray was there,” Ms. Kelly said, adding, “I’m tearing up a little right now, which I guess is the effect that pepper spray has on people.”

“It truly is ‘the little crowd control weapon that could,’” she added.

News of the award stoked speculation that pepper spray might soon be given its own nightly show on Fox.

According to one network source, one format being considered would involve a canister of pepper spray interviewing members of the so-called “Occupy” movement, and then spraying them in the face.
--Psalm 34:15