Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2011, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Values Added: The Whirligig of Time (Glenn Loury & Walter Russell Mead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple View Post
Always. On the other hand, who gives a damn about democracy, freedom, human rights?
Not Americans -- otherwise they would be concerned about democracy, freedom and human rights for Palestinians. Which they're not.

Quote:
We'd be on the side of the people who blow up women and children, if it were not for the color of their skin.
If we were on their side, they would not be blowing themselves up. They would commit atrocities using American arms.

Quote:
Israel-haters should try to get a country with pale-skinned people to declare war on Israel. Perhaps Sweden. Then Israel-supporters will instantly switch sides and support Sweden. After all, skin color is all that matters.
Your stupidity is astonishing. The skin color of victims matters, in U.S. death penalty cases as well as atrocities committed overseas. Americans readily identify with people blown up in a pizzeria, an image seared into the mind of the public even though the atrocity occurred over 20 years ago. Never mind Palestinians experienced far greater oppression, shed more blood, the reality is out of sight and out of mind. But yeah, if Israelis start slaughtering Andersons and Magnussons, I'm sure public opinion would shift. A body bag with one Rachel Corrie is worth dozens of Abdullahs.

But no, stick to your theory about how they support Israel because their computer has a Pentium processor. Thanks for reminding me why I don't post here.