Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 AM
BhTV staff

Default Bob's comments monovlog

Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 AM

Default Gang of Twelve

Bob, it's easy. Think of garbagecowboy as the thirteenth member of the dozen. Then everything starts to make sense.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Gang of Twelve

Dear My Georgian Friend Bob Wright,

Appearances can be deceiving. I am NOT a member of the Gang of 12. On the contrary, I parachuted behind enemy lines and infiltrated them. That's why my name appears in their membership.

I'm here to tell you that the so-called Gang of 12 are Islamofacists. They all recruit for Acorn, threaten the core principles of democracy, pal around with terrorists, have ties to Chicago mobsters, and worship Satan.

Here's some straight talk for you:
I am not George Bush. The fundamentals of our economy are sound. Ba-ba-bomb Iran! I am suspending my campaign. I was against torture before I was for it. Obama is not an Arab. He's a good family man. How could a good family man be Arab? Also, I am engaged to Joe the Plumber. War is peace. Up is down.

Finally, I have a zero-sum game for you: I will kick B. Hussein Obama's You-know-what on Nov. 4. Ergo, I win; he eats dog shit.

I'm John M. and I approve this message
Old 10-16-2008, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Bob's comments monovlog

Bob you need a friend
Old 10-18-2008, 11:52 AM

Talk about high-touch customer service! Harvard Business Review will have to do a case study. But why not take things one step further: fill up the tank and drive around the country on weekends delivering your feedback in person. See you at the Karma Cafe in Philly!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Bob, if bloggingheads will be "dead in a few months" unless a solution is found, I for one would be more than happy to pay for access. I derive great joy from bloggingheads - it adds to the happiness in my life - many of the diavlogs are intellectually challenging, which I enjoy, many of them are fascinating, and I get a lot of great book recommendations as well. I continue to be surprised all this is free. I recommend it to everyone I know, but if viewer numbers don't help, tell us what else would. I'd love to help keep bloggingheads alive and well.

Amanda
Old 10-16-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&theboys View Post
Bob, if bloggingheads will be "dead in a few months" unless a solution is found, I for one would be more than happy to pay for access. I derive great joy from bloggingheads - it adds to the happiness in my life - many of the diavlogs are intellectually challenging, which I enjoy, many of them are fascinating, and I get a lot of great book recommendations as well. I continue to be surprised all this is free. I recommend it to everyone I know, but if viewer numbers don't help, tell us what else would. I'd love to help keep bloggingheads alive and well.

Amanda
I second that.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Yeah, I agree that I'd be willing to pay for watching BhTV, but there's a couple ways of going about this.

For one thing, you might want to make the diavlogs for-pay and the comments free. Then, people can read the comments and see whether, based on the comments, they want to watch the diavlog. Any comment that "gives away too much" is one that you can hide into a premium comment section, or just delete altogether for giving away too much.

Alternatively, you can charge for both. But certainly don't charge just for the right to comment and not for the diavlogs. Bad idea. Reading the comments and participating in them can be fun, but that privilege itself is not worth $10 a month. Maybe $5 a month. Maybe. But I doubt even that. I read the comments because I've been here a while and I know the personalities. But I doubt, if I had just stumbled onto this site, that I'd want to pay to read them.

However, I would definitely pay to be a commenter if that gave me a chance to diavlog with someone else. And I think not showing the face is a good and a bad idea. It's good, because for conservative professors like me, I don't want to lose my anonymity until I get tenure. It's bad, because there's a level of hostility that can arise when people are masked. It makes them feel as though they can get away with anything. That could lead to some painful diavlogs.

Also, some people here fancy themselves smart, but just aren't, really. I mean, they're just above callers to a conservative talk show. I'm not going to name names. (However, I will say that bjkeefe is NOT one of them.) Point is, if you let one of these dummies diavlog, you'd just have to delete it. Otherwise, it would be horrible, because when they diavlogged with an actually informed guest they'd either go berserk or have nothing to say.

My recs in a nutshell:

(1) Have people pay to watch diavlogs.
(2) Make comments free, and allow people to see comments for free to create interest in the diavlog
(3) Allow some lucky person to have the opportunity to diavlog, but be prepared for some real stinkers. Maybe even make this opportunity a for-pay opportunity (though the people who pay for this, make a diavlog, and have it deleted, will be PISSED.)
Old 10-16-2008, 12:22 PM

as i'm currently working - ok, "working" - could somebody please tell me the gist of this 'mono'vlog? i won't be able to watch it until tonight or tomorrow, and i get the feeling that the news is not good . . .
Old 10-16-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibong View Post
as i'm currently working - ok, "working" - could somebody please tell me the gist of this 'mono'vlog? i won't be able to watch it until tonight or tomorrow, and i get the feeling that the news is not good . . .
No worries. Mickey doesn't like being present when Bob discusses comments.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:28 PM

Default Mickey's Playing Dumb on "Palling Around with Terrrorists"

Half-hour into this now:

I used to feel some degree of sympathy for Mickey's views.

Totally lost it with Mickey's "terrorist" accusations on this one. Mickey's being disengenuous and won't admit it. If I never see him on BHTV again, that's too soon.

Paradoxical: I used to think Bob was deficient in "intestinal fortitude." Nice to see him try to pin Mickey's ears back regarding the obvious "dog-whistle" message of the McCain campaigns Ayers attacks.

Bob himself doesn't whistle very well, though. (This in reference to the few bars we got from him as they dealt with technical glitch.)

EW

Last edited by Eastwest; 10-16-2008 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: Disambiguation of "whistle"'s two different contexts...
Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Lyle

Default Mickey's Right to Defend Palin's Comments

We all know that is what Sarah Palin mean by what she said. He hungout, i.e., pal'd around with Ayers, who was a terrorist in the 70s and is unrepetent about it at present.

So, yes, it is completely fair for Sarah Palin and John McCain to point this fact out to the American people.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Mickey's Right to Defend Palin's Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
We all know that is what Sarah Palin mean by what she said. He hungout, i.e., pal'd around with Ayers, who was a terrorist in the 70s and is unrepetent about it at present.

So, yes, it is completely fair for Sarah Palin and John McCain to point this fact out to the American people.
"Our opponent is someone who sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country,"

I think she drew a pretty unfair, and unsupported conclusion while stating what might just be a total exaggeration. Maybe it's just me, but I take my "paling around" seriously, and would not define my interactions with colleges as such.
But you are right, we all know what she means by it..
Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 PM

What Palin said about paling is beyond the pale.

The message is that Obama is a traitor, and I would agree with Bob, no one has ever said anything remotely that nasty about a candidate for president.

It could not be clearer that the audience is supposed to reason as follows: Bill Ayers bombed the Pentagon; Bin Laden bombed the Pentagon. Bill Ayers and Bin Laden are Pentagon-bombing terrorists. Obama pals around with the guys who attacked the Pentagon. Anyone who is their friend is our Enemy, i.e., a traitor who belongs in Guantánamo rather than in the White House.

Actually, if anyone is paling around with terrorists, it's Sarah Palin:
--Psalm 34:15
Old 10-16-2008, 08:46 PM

Can you tell by Henry's facial expression how impressed he is by her innate intelligence?

Oops! One shouldn't say such things about a VP candidate...
Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Lyle

Palin hasn't called Obama a traitor... she's just pointed out the fact that Obama has a relationship with the unrepetent ex-leader of the Weather Underground (A domestic terrorist group that murdered innocent people).

Other, more zealous Republicans have expanded on Obama's Ayers connection to say things like 'traitor'.... but that is only a vocal minority of people and it certainly isn't the message Palin or McCain is doling out.

Attacking Obama with Ayers is totally fair game, and unbigoted.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Lyle

Obama's relationship with Ayers is exaggerated?
Old 10-17-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
Obama's relationship with Ayers is exaggerated?
That's what I wrote, and then I wrote why I wrote that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by handle View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I take my "paling around" seriously, and would not define my interactions with colleges as such.
I don't see any evidence they were "pals" but I feel for you guys as this is starting to look like your only hope, and it appears to be working against you, even if the imagination can be stretched to buy it exactly the way you are selling it.

Good luck!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM

I also don't see them as pals. I see Ayers as a person's ring Obama had to kiss.

I never thought that by "terrorists" Palin meant Al Qaeda types. If you listen to right-wing talk radio and watch Fox News on a regular basis (which I do, though I admit my listening has fallen off a bit laterly), NO ONE takes Palin to have meant Al Qaeda types. Not even the callers.

There's nothing wrong with bringing this up. If it's something Obama had to do to succeed in Chicago, too bad. That's life. Obama would certainly do the same to McCain if he needed to.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby G View Post
I also don't see them as pals. I see Ayers as a person's ring Obama had to kiss.

I never thought that by "terrorists" Palin meant Al Qaeda types. If you listen to right-wing talk radio and watch Fox News on a regular basis (which I do, though I admit my listening has fallen off a bit laterly), NO ONE takes Palin to have meant Al Qaeda types. Not even the callers.

There's nothing wrong with bringing this up. If it's something Obama had to do to succeed in Chicago, too bad. That's life. Obama would certainly do the same to McCain if he needed to.
I think maybe he was kissing Annenbergs ring, but, like you, I speculate.
I'm looking at the Ayers attack as so counter productive to the GOP cause, that I now encourage the attention that has been wasted on it, while Mccain nose dives in the polls. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:38 PM

Heh. Hey, conservative though I am, I want McCain to lose too. I prefer Obama to him. I just don't want a 60-seat Dem majority in the Senate.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Heh. Hey, conservative though I am, I want McCain to lose too. I prefer Obama to him. I just don't want a 60-seat Dem majority in the Senate.
Interesting.. like some of my leanings, you sound like a true conservative. There is part of me that wants Mccain to win, not because I see him as conservative, but because the next Pres. will inherit the whirlwind, and get blamed by those conservative in name only for disasters already in motion.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:

This sort of misses the point. The people you're referring to (listeners to AM talk, etc...) don't need to be persuaded - they already have an opinion that's just generally confirmed by the "pals around" meme. It's people who are more casually connected to politics, who will hear the message, but who are far less likely to have a lot context for it, these are the folks at whom the message is directed.

That said,
Quote:
I see Ayers as a person's ring Obama had to kiss.
is dead on, I think. But implying it's fair to say so, and to let the implications take care of themselves - no.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
This sort of misses the point. The people you're referring to (listeners to AM talk, etc...) don't need to be persuaded - they already have an opinion that's just generally confirmed by the "pals around" meme. It's people who are more casually connected to politics, who will hear the message, but who are far less likely to have a lot context for it, these are the folks at whom the message is directed.
That's a good point, but do you have any evidence at all that people have taken her to be talking this way?
Old 10-18-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
That's a good point, but do you have any evidence at all that people have taken her to be talking this way?
Evidence of how the message is being interpreted? Nope - but my argument was about the nature and the intent of the message. And let's be honest - I'm making an inferential case about that. But, I'm not wracked by doubt regarding the accuracy of my assumptions.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:52 PM

Well, I think it's certainly possible that that's how the message is being interpreted, but given that the Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin, etc. set is interpreting it (as being about Ayers) and given this video that's going around, where the very angry McCain supporters take it to be about Ayers as well, I'd be pretty doubtful, if I were you, that the McCain/Palin campaign wanted it to be understood in the way you think they did. I suppose, though, you could say that that's what they wanted but they just didn't succeed.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Well, I think it's certainly possible that that's how the message is being interpreted, but given that the Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin, etc. set is interpreting it (as being about Ayers) and given this video that's going around, where the very angry McCain supporters take it to be about Ayers as well, I'd be pretty doubtful, if I were you, that the McCain/Palin campaign wanted it to be understood in the way you think they did. I suppose, though, you could say that that's what they wanted but they just didn't succeed.
If you're designing campaign tactics, you don't need to try to convince the people who are already on board. You need your message, minimally, to not alienate them, and you'd like to energize them - but in order to win you also have to persuade people who haven't been persuaded, yet. So the best sort of message is a dog whistle that tells your supporters what they want to hear, and delivers an argument for your case to undecideds.

I think that's a pretty credible model for what the McCain campaign is trying to do at the moment. And, at the moment, the polls seem not to indicate that they're being particularly successful at the second task - at being persuasive.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Mickey's Playing Dumb on "Palling Around with Terrrorists"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
Half-hour into this now:

I used to feel some degree of sympathy for Mickey's views.

Totally lost it with Mickey's "terrorist" accusations on this one. Mickey's being disengenuous and won't admit it. If I never see him on BHTV again, that's too soon.

Paradoxical: I used to think Bob was deficient in "intestinal fortitude." Nice to see him try to pin Mickey's ears back regarding the obvious "dog-whistle" message of the McCain campaigns Ayers attacks.

Bob himself doesn't whistle very well, though. (This in reference to the few bars we got from him as they dealt with technical glitch.)

EW
I'd appreciate an explanation of why this comment was pulled off the DV-related comment stream (almost immediately, btw) and buried.

Thank you.
EW
Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I'd appreciate an explanation of why this comment was pulled off the DV-related comment stream (almost immediately, btw) and buried.

Thank you.
EW
To my eyes, there is no obvious rationale for the burying. Maybe a concession to the hurt feelings of the thin skinned Mickey? I hope you get a reply in the public forum. If my memory serves, I recall your comment being on the stream quite near the top. Even if the reason is unrelated to Mickey, it does beg the question. Weird.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 PM

I doubt Mickey is thin-skinned. If he were, he probably wouldn't have linked to this take-down of him.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:28 PM

I take every gratuitous shot that I can level at Mickey. I wish I were a better person, or he deserved better. Short of that, I'll continue to insist that he has a face made for radio, with an inexplicable cult like following.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
I take every gratuitous shot that I can level at Mickey. I wish I were a better person, or he deserved better. Short of that, I'll continue to insist that he has a face made for radio, with an inexplicable cult like following.
I somehow, on first discovering bhtv, resisted that temptation, inexplicably defending Mickey repeatedly against what did seem like a lot of gratuitous abuse, whilst feeling no compunction about ribbing BW over weakened critical faculties toward his junket benefactors, the Saudi's, poking fun at EP's determinist tendencies and exclusivity pretensions (I gather EP is a favorite BW hobby-horse), and generally refusing to play PC to mooshy-mindedness.

(Maybe BW "Wrighteous indignation" explains it.) Anyway, this looked to me like heavy-handed censorship. It appeared to me that Mickey had crossed the line from his usual bad-attitude curmudgeonly snarls into being fine with intellectual dishonesty just for the sake of being Santa-Ana-mode contrarian. Guess I've gotten a little sick of self-declared pundits saying "whatever" just to score a point in debate.

EW
Old 10-20-2008, 02:57 AM

I'll ask you guys the same question that Wonderment answered earlier: what is so loathesome about Mickey that you place him in the same company with LGF, Powerline, etc.?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:15 AM

Quote:
I'll ask you guys the same question that Wonderment answered earlier: what is so loathesome about Mickey that you place him in the same company with LGF, Powerline, etc.?
Clarification: I don't think of Mickey as "loathesome" at all, just increasingly disingenuous and hence not worth my time. He's good for the occasional "love child" accusation and such, but otherwise is, intellectually and politically, not the least bit fresh. In short, IMHO, he's a bit of a yawn. When he took a vacation for a couple months, I came to value his absence.

In all fairness, though, there's lots of others around here like that: Ann Althouse, Eli Lake, Conn from "This Week in Blog," etc., all folks you don't even need to click on to know what they're going to say this week. Just replaying the same old tape...

EW
Old 10-16-2008, 01:33 PM

By the end there, Bob reminds me of a toddler rambling semiconscious crazytalk several hours past its bedtime.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:00 PM

Hmmm. Weird: My post on Mickey's off-the-wallness got put back here. OK, whatever.

Preamble: Bob: BHTV is actually a great service to humanity because it contributes so much richness of thought from (mostly) civilized thinkers. I just wish you'd move to a couple DVs a day.

Anyway, here's my "monovlog" suggestions:

1) Yes, by all means do this "monovlog" bit, but maybe not so often when you're in burnt-out mode, as with this one, though I gather there are extenuating circumstances. (You're sounding like you really just lost a heck of a lot of money in the stock market.) Listening to it, I kept thinking about John Kerry's long, sad face, and then looked over from my editing on the other screen and, sure enough, there was Bob's long, sad face, which contrasts so completely with the superman BW when he's being perky, sparkling with witticisms and freshness.

2) Cut the constant interweaving of profuse apologies. Completely. The commenters owe you big time for an abundance of quality content from weird and interesting people.

3) Feel free to forever move all comments from "above the fold" on the BHTV front page down to "below the screen," even once one starts up a particular diavlog and starts listening to it. (Diavlog viewers should have to scroll down before they see any comments at all.) Actually, if I had my druthers, all comments would disappear, not only from the BHTV front page (current policy), but from all DV pages as well. Best they all be confined to the completely separate "Forum" section of the site. The comments (especially lately) detract from the quality aspects of the site and drive away advertisers. Kind of a harsh analogy, I know, but I've got to pass it on: The commenters very often are like dogs, just passing by quickly to lift a leg and smell up the site.

4) Be utterly merciless in immediately knocking all uncivil comments off the BHTV front page entirely. They bring down the tone of the site terribly. The DV pairings are generally of a classy enough nature that DV participants shouldn't have to see out-and-out nastiness at all unless they go back to the "Forum Page" looking for it.

5) Just out-and-out pitch out, delete, expunge, incinerate, obliterate, and erase any posts containing gutter language. Writing in that manner is so inexcusable that folks cursing in the comments deserve to have their posts deleted entirely. Post this as a policy. Folks will learn soon enough how to be adequately "tart" using the other zillion words in the English language.

6) Please, please, please completely forget and never mention again the idea of having any of the commenters pair with you in passing comments on comments. Either just do it yourself or pull in one of your more cozy DV participants to joke about the comments with you. Maybe grab a Lefty one week and Conservative the next. One way or another, figure out a way to make it fun for yourself to do a mostly extemporaneous rioting trample through the posts you find interesting, feeling free to shake your finger and scream the way you did at Mickey's Ayers obtuseness today. This could be plenty cathartic for you and could be at lest moderately entertaining for us.

Anyway, thanks for a great site. Keep it up.

EW

Last edited by Eastwest; 10-16-2008 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: Additional points added to 3)
Old 10-16-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Hmmm. Weird: My post on Mickey's off-the-wallness got put back here. OK, whatever.

Preamble: Bob: BHTV is actually a great service to humanity because it contributes so much richness of thought from (mostly) civilized thinkers. I just wish you'd move to a couple DVs a day.

Anyway, here's my "monovlog" suggestions:

1) Yes, by all means do this "monovlog" bit, but maybe not so often when you're in burnt-out mode, as with this one, though I gather there are extenuating circumstances. (You're sounding like you really just lost a heck of a lot of money in the stock market.) Listening to it, I kept thinking about John Kerry's long, sad face, and then looked over from my editing on the other screen and, sure enough, there was Bob's long, sad face, which contrasts so completely with the superman BW when he's being perky, sparkling with witticisms and freshness.

2) Cut the constant interweaving of profuse apologies. Completely. The commenters owe you big time for an abundance of quality content from weird and interesting people.

3) Feel free to forever move all comments from "above the fold" on the BHTV front page down to "below the screen," even once one starts up a particular diavlog and starts listening to it. (Diavlog viewers should have to scroll down before they see any comments at all.) Actually, if I had my druthers, all comments would disappear, not only from the BHTV front page (current policy), but from all DV pages as well. Best they all be confined to the completely separate "Forum" section of the site. The comments (especially lately) detract from the quality aspects of the site and drive away advertisers. Kind of a harsh analogy, I know, but I've got to pass it on: The commenters very often are like dogs, just passing by quickly to lift a leg and smell up the site.

4) Be utterly merciless in immediately knocking all uncivil comments off the BHTV front page entirely. They bring down the tone of the site terribly. The DV pairings are generally of a classy enough nature that DV participants shouldn't have to see out-and-out nastiness at all unless they go back to the "Forum Page" looking for it.

5) Just out-and-out pitch out, delete, expunge, incinerate, obliterate, and erase any posts containing gutter language. Writing in that manner is so inexcusable that folks cursing in the comments deserve to have their posts deleted entirely. Post this as a policy. Folks will learn soon enough how to be adequately "tart" using the other zillion words in the English language.

6) Please, please, please completely forget and never mention again the idea of having any of the commenters pair with you in passing comments on comments. Either just do it yourself or pull in one of your more cozy DV participants to joke about the comments with you. Maybe grab a Lefty one week and Conservative the next. One way or another, figure out a way to make it fun for yourself to do a mostly extemporaneous rioting trample through the posts you find interesting, feeling free to shake your finger and scream the way you did at Mickey's Ayers obtuseness today. This could be plenty cathartic for you and could be at lest moderately entertaining for us.

Anyway, thanks for a great site. Keep it up.

EW
I think you're being a bit hard on your fellow commenters, EW. With some obvious exceptions, most people commenting here seem to understand the rules of civility and even, I daresay, logic - certainly these things are true relative to comments sections generally. That's not to say that many of us - me, and you, included - haven't occasionally descended into, let's say, irascibility, but as a general rule I'd like to assert that most folks here know how to conduct themselves in a public conversation.

I like the idea that the discussion, or at least its start, can be seen directly when a diavlog page is displayed - it enhances the sense that BHTV is a community, a point made even more keen by the fact that some of the participants are perfectly willing to join the fray, themselves. My vote is definitely to keep the commentary on that page.

I think the compromise that the BHTV overlords have arrived at - occasionally hiding particularly impolitic remarks with out actually deleting them (except with extreme cause) is about as good a solution as possible.

Last edited by AemJeff; 10-16-2008 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: typo fixing
Old 10-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Default Talking to Nobody

I liked it. I'm an unabashed admirer of Bob. I thank him for the effort. I'm not aligned with him politically. Rather, I like the analysis he brings to every issue, his willingness to consider and engage opposing points of view without getting defensive, or hiding behind a debater's script (like Alterman and Hitchens do). It's amazing to me that he reads all the comments, and moreover, tries to tie them together in various ways. Be assured I would watch/listen to more of these.

I think we see here that it's damn hard to do a monovlog. It's not just fatigue; it's being ill-at-ease because there's no feedback through the camera.

Bob, you correctly understood my cutting remark, but it was all meant in good humor. You should strike back by retitling this monovlog "Talking to Nobody: Simon Willard".

Last edited by Simon Willard; 10-16-2008 at 04:07 PM..
Old 10-16-2008, 03:30 PM

My acceptance speech for the most salacious comment award:

I would like to thank the academy, and BHTV for this prestigious award. I couldn't have done it without my fellow commentors, the gang of 12 and of course, John McWhorter. Now I'd like to take a moment to talk about the situation in Darfur....(insert Susan Sarandon-esque lecture).

The orchestra starts playing and I am whisked off the stage by two "attendants".

Bob, this monovlog was ok but I still think you should make Mickey sit through the comments discussion (or at least find somebody else who will...Steven Kaus perhaps?)

Just for clarification, there was no sympathy intended in my job-interview/Palin analogy.

I hope your "dead in a couple months" comment is not an Omen. BHTV is far too valuable. Keep up the fine work. --Uncle Eb
Old 10-16-2008, 03:34 PM

OK, I completely like the idea of you doing this, Bob. I'll watch. As long as you are awake and lively during your review of the comments. You made me feel like crawling back into bed shortly after I had a nice 7 hours of sleep! Try to pretend you are still talking to someone. It may help.