Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > General comments on Bloggingheads.tv
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

General comments on Bloggingheads.tv Post comments about our website here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2007, 11:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to garbagecowboy
Lightbulb Avatars, post counts, member levels

One thing that I'm sure this forum can do that phorum could not do is allow things like avatars, poster levels and such.

I doubt that the bh.tv brass will like these because they often make the website feel cozy and homey but at the same time unprofessional.

At my favorite Twins site BYTO they have a bunch of pre-selectable avatars and obviously you can update your own (my favorite is our horrible former shortstop Juan Castro dropping a flyball) and then as you increase your post count you ascend through various dictators. You start as Fidel, then you're Pol Pot, then eventually you're Mao, Napoleon, after 2500 posts you become Franklin Pierce, and at the very top of the scale is Ariel from the Little Mermaid.

Also the moderators will give particularly annoying posters their own categories.

I'm sure bh.tv will not do that but the categories could be more clever (people start as Sam Brownback, then can get up to Dennis Kucinich and those with 2000 posts are Barack Obama) or they could do something less clever but more professional (like Newbie, Stranger, Old-hand, Poo-bah, GRAND Poo-bah) and if they don't do that they could at least let us have avatars.