Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > General comments on Bloggingheads.tv
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

General comments on Bloggingheads.tv Post comments about our website here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Question for Brenda or another BHTV Web Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbagecowboy View Post
You mean vBulletin, right?
D'oh, yes! Thank you for catching that. I mean vBulletin.

Quote:
This description, unless I'm misunderstanding you, is the same setup as the old phorum board, where each page would have the tree view as most of the page and then one selected post displayed at the bottom.
Exactly.

Quote:
I bet vBulletin could do that, it seems highly customizable. I wouldn't mind going back to the old way, obviously. But with a few days hindsight I don't mind the new software
Glad to hear that. Meanwhile, I've been enjoying the threaded and hybrid views.

Quote:
that will be nice when they get it done. Also I still like the idea of at least having avatars and some more or less whimsical user ranking system.
Yes! I like the postbit on the left instead of along the top. With it on the left, there is less horizontal space for text, which improves readability. Long lines are difficult to read, studies show. So a format that reduces text width (like the postbit on the left) would improve readability.

Sure: We can control width ourselves by shrinking our browser window's width, but that is soooooo much work!

Anyway, i continue to be delighted with the new site; it so teh awesome. I love the new search feature, and I like the scrollable little widget on the main page showing the recent diavlogs.

I initially missed the sea of green when the site was launched, but I have come to love the white with the green accents all over the place.