Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Life, the Universe and Everything
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Life, the Universe and Everything Post comments about everything else here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2008, 12:17 AM

Default This just in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
Twin:

I confess I'm unable to summon up the energy to follow this story closely, so I'm basing my impressions on just one story that I read.

My real problem with this whole thing is that I can no longer stand to hear anyone say "throw under the bus," and I'm sure every story on Clark will feature this phrase, without exception, from now on. It's this year's "candidate you'd like to have a beer with." It's hard to believe anyone thinks it sounds smart to say.

I dunno about the whole thing, though. Especially if you stipulate that Clark wasn't going to get the VP nod, he's managed to inject the main point pretty well into the MSM consciousness. Had it been a Republican doing it, we'd all be screaming about Rovian triple bank trick shots -- the message gets out there and keeps getting repeated, the candidate gets to act all high and mighty, the guy who really isn't that important to the campaign at the moment goes on a nice vacation. I mean, people act like Obama will be required to take Clark off his speed dial for life or something. So Clark doesn't go on TV and spin for a while. Big deal.

Seriously, I couldn't care less. I'm so sick of this whole faux outrage thing.
bjkeefe throws "under the bus" under the bus. Details at 11:00.