Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Stupid pointless flame wars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Stupid pointless flame wars Flame wars from diavlog threads are dumped here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)
All hope abandon, ye who enter in.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2011, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Non-Scenery-Chewing Oscar Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm SO awesome! View Post
17! still not a mention of what the issue is - new world record
Your original post sucked. We're all glad you only appreciate hipster movies like there will be blood and rachel getting married. Those are good movies to be sure; but this was actually a pretty good year for movies. The rest of the post is sort of a rambling, incoherent mess complaining about what you seem to think is Hollywood being disingenuous. That you seem to think this is a relatively new phenomenon seems to reveal either blithe ignorance or naivete. Movies like The Fight aren't perfect, but they're more than solid. Simply because a movie adheres to some cliches within the genre doesn't make it worthless; Christian Bale turned in an absolutely momentous performance in that film. You also dissed the Social Network, although without any actual substantive points about the movie. As a noted Aaron Sorkin fanboy, I'd like to really hear how you think that movie was trash. If you're really going to complain about star power ruling the movies, then shut up about the Social Network, since Jesse Eisenberg isn't exactly Tom Cruise.

Maybe if your original post was more than "everything sucks, hollywood blows, I can find better stuff all over the place, blah blah blah" and made an actual coherent argument about specific points, people would be more inclined to respond to it? Or maybe people just realized you'd throw mean spirited ad hominem attacks at them even if they took the time to respond seriously. I eagerly await your insults to my IQ and brain function.