Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Commenter Court: Positive Reinforcement (Robert Wright & Aryeh Cohen-Wade)

Argh, okay, I'm talking too much, but there is something else I want to say.

I'm kind of sorry to say that Bob and Aryeh should weigh in less (in Commenter Court kinds of ways, at least, and with the dungeon), because I don't want to give the idea that I dislike hearing Bob and Aryeh talk about the comments. I like it a lot, and did back when Bob would try to bring up the forum to Mickey and Mickey would be completely uninterested. This was before I ever posted.

I'm glad Bob is interested in having a civil and productive forum, and I agree with him that it's sad it's so hard to find good examples of that with real discussion from a wide variety of viewpoints. I'd like to help contribute to this being an exception to that. It's also fun when Bob argues with or responds to substantive posts by commentators.

Therefore, I want to be clear that I'm not suggesting there should be less of Bob commenting on comments (so long as Bob enjoys it). I'm just not convinced that the efforts to discipline us through "Commenter Courts" are helpful rather than counterproductive.