Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Life, the Universe and Everything
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Life, the Universe and Everything Post comments about everything else here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2011, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Whitewashing The Civil War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderment View Post
I commend you for finding two points of disagreement you have with the article I linked by Sanderson.

I don't commend you or Don Zeko, however, for going ballistic over the mere notion that someone could disagree with the CW on the CW. Although it is inconceivable to you, apparently, that anyone who is not "crazy," Steve Sailer or a Sulla "co-signer" could view the CW as an unjust war, the view is not uncommon among peace activists like me who have been influenced by Gandhi and MLK. The article I cited, which is quite sympathetic to Lincoln, makes such a case. Take it or leave it, but don't get so defensive of your own beliefs that you resort to name calling. I found it sadly unsurprising that in the same thread where you call me a Sulla co-signer, he practically calls me a traitor.
oh for christ sake wonderment. I tried to avoid this hellhole of a thread, but now I can't help myself. your pearl clutching about "name-calling" is precious, considering the amount of pejorative terms you throw out to your enemies; "extremists", "apartheid", "pro-violence" are terms that come to mind just off the top of my head, and the list is a lot longer. and the not to subtle implication that "gandhi and MLK would totally be on my side!" is utter bullshit. I don't give a shit who the people who oppose the civil war were inspired by, I care about the substance of the claim. I think graz is right. Faith taken is any extreme is dangerous, be it about god or some quaint notion about never engaging in violence.