Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:36 PM
whburgess whburgess is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,202
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
I'll tell you what I have noticed. You, kissing up to a couple of wingnuts, hoping they'll keep fighting your battles for you, when you discovered you couldn't stand up for yourself after you were called out on your own homophobia and other offensive language.
Bjkeefe, my son, let me introduce you to a new idea: I'm not here to fight any battle with anyone. Therefore I do not need anyone to fight for me, nor do I need to stand up for myself.

Often when I feel that you are trying to fight a 'battle' with me, I will end the thread with "you win"---or will simply stop responding to your posts in that particular thread. I had hoped that this would encourage you to not be so combative. I fear it has had the opposite effect of emboldening you. This is something you may have in common with bullies.

I would encourage to to find a quiet spot and meditate on what I have shared with you. Perhaps you could gaze upon this image while you do so.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

I wish that Josh had been uncivil enough to call Mark on his BS. I got sick of hearing Mark talk about "those people", and "why should we?", and then he doesn't even have the balls to take responsibility for what he defends. He wants the responsibility of the failure for the DREAM act to be on those who are trying to get it passed!

Well, I hope that Mark or someone he knows reads this comments because at least he should learn that some of us don't believe a single piece of garbage coming out of his mouth. He doesn't want the DREAM act to pass? Sure, but have him be clear that his conscience will not be washed with the crap he came up with in this diavlog. No, Mark, the responsibility is yours and yours alone.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:41 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
... I'm a mashed up bag of meat with lipstick.
You said it, not me.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 PM
operative operative is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,261
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whburgess View Post
Bjkeefe, my son, let me introduce you to a new idea: I'm not here to fight any battle with anyone. Therefore I do not need anyone to fight for me, nor do I need to stand up for myself.

Often when I feel that you are trying to fight a 'battle' with me, I will end the thread with "you win"---or will simply stop responding to your posts in that particular thread. I had hoped that this would encourage you to not be so combative. I fear it has had the opposite effect of emboldening you. This is something you may have in common with bullies.

Maybe bj was picked on in his formative years and this imbued him with his knee-jerk vituperativeness. The victim becoming the bully, ah the tragic dramatic cycle. Like how Anthony Michael Hall went from being the nerdy subject of bullying in The Breakfast Club to the bully in Edward Scissorhands. Well that's reaching a bit in terms of cinematic comparisons but hey, it's a Tim Burton reference.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Unions advocate against members

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacimbo View Post
...those most at risk should a vast number of illegal's gain legal status.


Also, don't use apostrophes with plurals.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:45 PM
rcocean rcocean is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default Malkin on the The Dream Act

Its really a nightmare.


And here's a link to her great book: Invasion.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:46 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whburgess View Post
[...] Perhaps you could gaze upon this image ...
Perhaps you could image-Google goatse and gaze upon that.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Malkin on the The Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcocean View Post
[...]
Subject line tells you all you need to know about rcocean.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 PM
operative operative is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,261
Default Re: Unions advocate against members

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post


Also, don't use apostrophes with plurals.
Fight dehumanization, by dehumanizing!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:51 PM
rcocean rcocean is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Well, I hope that Mark or someone he knows reads this comments because at least he should learn that some of us don't believe a single piece of garbage coming out of his mouth. He doesn't want the DREAM act to pass? Sure, but have him be clear that his conscience will not be washed with the crap he came up with in this diavlog. No, Mark, the responsibility is yours and yours alone.
Hmm.... so anyone who opposes Amnesty for illegal immigrants is "Garbage" and is full of "Crap".

Wow how persuasive - and how "Liberal".
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:53 PM
whburgess whburgess is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,202
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
Perhaps you could image-Google goatse and gaze upon that.
Well--i did that--and this was the first image I saw. A beautiful woman sitting next to a beautiful lake looking at her camera. Thank you for sharing, perhaps there is hope for you after all.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:56 PM
rcocean rcocean is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default Malkin's Book "Invasion" - A good read

Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 PM
graz graz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,162
Default Re: Malkin's Book "Invasion" - A good read

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcocean View Post
At least you finally caught on to the power of "peektures."
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcocean View Post
Hmm.... so anyone who opposes Amnesty for illegal immigrants is "Garbage" and is full of "Crap".

Wow how persuasive - and how "Liberal".
If you want to disagree with me, please do. But at least have the courtesy of disagreeing with something I express and not something you imagine I said.

I said that garbage was coming out of Mark's mouth (it refers to his words being trash), and also that he was coming up with arguments that were crap (as in inconsistent, of no value, cheap, foolish, deceitful). What really, really irritated me was his insistence in having immigrants blame the Democrats if the DREAM act fails. What's with this guy? If it doesn't pass it's because people on his side outnumber those who want it passed. Anything beyond that is BS. The same goes for his attempt to rationalize his own position on peripherals to the topic.

You don't even know how many epithets I had to delete to sanitize my previous comment. Don't get me started again, cousin.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:04 PM
rcocean rcocean is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default Heather MacDonald on the Dream Act

Interesting points Ocean about Illegal aliens. But you really need to read Heather MacDonalds analysis. Its great.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:05 PM
operative operative is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,261
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
If you want to disagree with me, please do. But at least have the courtesy of disagreeing with something I express and not something you imagine I said.

I said that garbage was coming out of Mark's mouth (it refers to his words being trash), and also that he was coming up with arguments that were crap (as in inconsistent, of no value, cheap, foolish, deceitful). What really, really irritated me was his insistence in having immigrants blame the Democrats if the DREAM act fails. What's with this guy? If it doesn't pass it's because people on his side outnumber those who want it passed. Anything beyond that is BS. The same goes for his attempt to rationalize his own position on peripherals to the topic.

You don't even know how many epithets I had to delete to sanitize my previous comment. Don't get me started again, cousin.
I think Dems will deserve some blame for failures on immigration policy. Much like on DADT, if Reid was less of a bully, some good legislation could have been accomplished. But all Reid did was pummel all Republicans, even those (McCain, Graham, etc.) who would've likely cooperated in passing a fairly sensible bipartisan immigration reform bill. I don't think that a whole lot of Democrats care one bit about the plight of undocumented workers--they just use them to score political points against the GOP while trying to keep their share of the Hispanic vote.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Heather MacDonald on the Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcocean View Post
But you really need to read Heather MacDonalds analysis. Its great.
I guess having jeffmaylortx around has brought rcocean out of his shell.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
... if Reid was less of a bully, some good legislation could have been accomplished. But all Reid did was pummel all Republicans, ...
I don't know what's worse, the lying or the whining.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:09 PM
rcocean rcocean is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Malkin's Book "Invasion" - A good read

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
At least you finally caught on to the power of "peektures."
I agree Graz. I finally thought, why not be like BJ Keefe? He's Bob Wright's dream commentator. I'll keep looking for a big poster that says:

"Pass the Dream Act - 'cause Bill Kristol needs a Cheaper Nanny".
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:10 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Malkin's Book "Invasion" - A good read

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcocean View Post
"Pass the Dream Act - 'cause Bill Kristol needs a Cheaper Nanny".
Another Lyle-ism, noted for the record.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:10 PM
graz graz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,162
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
... if Reid was less of a bully, some good legislation could have been accomplished. But all Reid did was pummel all Republicans, even those (McCain, Graham, etc.) who would've likely cooperated in passing a fairly sensible bipartisan immigration reform bill...
Your honor ... I object ... we heard him sing this unsubstantiated talking point before. He is wasting our time and offending our sensibilities ... please make it stop!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:13 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Malkin's Book "Invasion" - A good read

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcocean View Post
[...]
ibid.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:15 PM
operative operative is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,261
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
I don't know what's worse, the lying or the whining.
Well you've been bad on both fronts, but I think your lying has been worse. I've seldom seen so pertinacious a polemicist, even in the wake of utter intellectual defeat.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
operative operative is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,261
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
Your honor ... I object ... we heard him sing this unsubstantiated talking point before. He is wasting our time and offending our sensibilities ... please make it stop!
Yes and if I remember the lefty defense from our last discourse, it was "Yeah he's a bully, I like bullies!"
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
rcocean rcocean is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default Do it for Bill - Pass The Dream Act

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
I think Dems will deserve some blame for failures on immigration policy. Much like on DADT, if Reid was less of a bully, some good legislation could have been accomplished. But all Reid did was pummel all Republicans, even those (McCain, Graham, etc.) who would've likely cooperated in passing a fairly sensible bipartisan immigration reform bill. I don't think that a whole lot of Democrats care one bit about the plight of undocumented workers--they just use them to score political points against the GOP while trying to keep their share of the Hispanic vote.
Please, stop blaming the Democrats for what the Republicans do. During the eight years of Bush we didn't see any immigration reform passed, did we? And there was no enforcement of immigration laws, was there? So stop the bullshit of blaming others. As if the world with all its problems had started two years ago.

This sounds really ridiculous and childish: "I said no because you didn't ask nicely enough." What? Babies!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:22 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
I've seldom seen so pertinacious a polemicist, even in the wake of utter intellectual defeat.
You know what they say about claiming victory on an Internet forum.

Nice to see you're following Bristol Palin's lead, though. A step up for you!
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:23 PM
operative operative is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,261
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Please, stop blaming the Democrats for what the Republicans do. During the eight years of Bush we didn't see any immigration reform passed, did we?
Bush and some Republicans tried. Bush undertook a serious effort to do so, understanding the costs, and several Dems rewarded him by sabotaging the attempt.

Oh, btw, Obama was helping to sabotage the effort:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...media-remember
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 PM
rcocean rcocean is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default Micky Kaus' latest on the Dream Act

Great Points Ocean on ILLEGAL immigrants - but you really need to read Mickey Kaus' latest.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 PM
operative operative is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,261
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
You know what they say about claiming victory on an Internet forum.

Nice to see you're following Bristol Palin's lead, though. A step up for you!
I forgot that Palin derangement syndrome usually comes with a side case of Bristol derangement syndrome. At least you haven't yet delved into Trig trutherism.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
Bush and some Republicans tried. Bush undertook a serious effort to do so, understanding the costs, and several Dems rewarded him by sabotaging the attempt.

Oh, btw, Obama was helping to sabotage the effort:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...media-remember

Ahhh... I see. So when the Republicans fail to pass legislation it's the Democrats fault for not cooperating. Perhaps if the Republicans had been nicer, more willing to negotiate they could have convinced the Democrats.

Do you see how this works?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:32 PM
operative operative is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,261
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Ahhh... I see. So when the Republicans fail to pass legislation it's the Democrats fault for not cooperating. Perhaps if the Republicans had been nicer, more willing to negotiate they could have convinced the Democrats.

Do you see how this works?
I'm not saying the GOP shouldn't cooperate. I'm just saying that there are two sides to blame, not just one.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Micky Kaus' latest on the Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcocean View Post
Great Points Ocean on ILLEGAL immigrants - but you really need to read Mickey Kaus' latest.
Listen, don't keep trying. First Malkin and the Invasion, and now what? Mickey with his Reconquista fears?

I'm starting to imagine substituting the Statue of Liberty for a Statue of Malkin greeting the immigrants with a Psycho-style knife held up in her hand. And Mickey? What would he be doing? I guess he could go to the border and scare young Mexican kids away.

Sorry for the humor, I just can't help laughing when there's so much wingnuttery flowing. And there are only so many insults I can come up with.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Wonderment Wonderment is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,694
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
I don't think that a whole lot of Democrats care one bit about the plight of undocumented workers--they just use them to score political points against the GOP while trying to keep their share of the Hispanic vote.
I can promise you that, as Pres. Obama suggested, Latino voters will "punish" the GOP for blocking the Dream Act. We already punished Repubs in California, mainly for the Arizona profiling law which they supported. The Dream Act is just as important politically.

The Dream Act has become very prominent in Latino consciousness. This is a new development. The bill has been around for 10 years, but largely flew under the radar, even among Latinos. Sen. Reid was smart to push this bill now because it has quickly become a household word among Latinos and a symbol of nativist cruelty. When people go to church or turn on Spanish language TV, they hear about the DA and the Arizona law. Cardinal Mahoney of LA, who speaks fluent Spanish, compared the Arizona profiling to Nazism, and nobody votes for Nazis. Killing the Dream Act will elicit similar condemnations.

DA is now a win-win for Obama. If it passes (highly unlikely) he wins accolades; if it fails, voters flock to him in 2012 to punish the villains.
__________________
Seek Peace and Pursue it
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Busca la paz y s璲uela
--Psalm 34:15
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
Bush and some Republicans tried. Bush undertook a serious effort to do so, understanding the costs, and several Dems rewarded him by sabotaging the attempt.

Oh, btw, Obama was helping to sabotage the effort:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...media-remember
If you have to reach down to Newsbusters for support for your revisionist history efforts, you're really hurting, as an operative.

Try to remember what actually happened during those years:

Quote:
On Limbaughs Show, Bush Acknowledges That Limbaugh And His Comrades Killed Immigration Reform



Long before right-wing pundits were ludicrously attacking Democrats attempt to pass the DREAM Act as amnesty for undocumented immigrants, they were lambasting former President Bushs attempt to enact comprehensive immigration reform with the same amnesty smear. In fact, a study by the nonpartisan Project for Excellence in Journalism released in 2007 found that [o]pposition from key talk radio and cable TV hosts helped kill the immigration bill in Congress. What listeners of the conservative talk radio media were hearing, in large part, was that the legislation itself was little more than an amnesty bill for illegal immigrants, a phrase loaded with political baggage, the studys authors wrote.

Yesterday, Bush appeared on right-wing radio host Rush Limbaughs show to promote his new memoir. Bush reiterated that we ought to have a comprehensive immigration law, and debunked Limbaughs claim that immigration reform was merely about gaining new votes for Democrats. Bush also acknowledged that conservatives helped kill immigration reform by falsely dubbing it amnesty, and chided people, like Limbaugh, who react[ed] poorly and mis-characterized the bill:

Quote:
RUSH: What was the objective of that legislation? What were you trying to accomplish with your comprehensive immigration reform because many people thought it was amnesty and that he they opposed it.

PRESIDENT BUSH: No, I know, and thats what happens a lot of times these issues get labeled and people react poorly. I couldnt have said it more plainly: I was against amnesty. I dont know many people who were for amnesty when it comes time for comprehensive reform. I was trying to basically recognize that our economy required immigrants to work. I mean, theres a lot of jobs Americans wont do and therefore there needed to be an orderly, legal way for people to come and work on a temporary basis and that if youd paid your taxes and had been here for a while and were a good citizen you had a chance to become a citizen, but you had to get at the back of the line.
Listen here: [audio at orig. source --bjk]

While Bush was probably reluctant to call Limbaugh out to his face, no one played a bigger role in labeling immigration reform as amnesty, and thus torpedoing it, than Limbaugh. Noticeably, Limbaugh did not respond to Bushs comments, but rather quickly changed subjects to the tea party. [D]erailing the bill was a clear priority of such conservative radio hosts as Limbaugh, the Project for Excellence in Journalism report stated, noting that immigration was the biggest topic of conversation on conservative radio shows during the debate over the bill, and that Limbaugh has by far the largest audience.

In 2005, Limbaugh spent months denouncing the proposed legislation as amnesty or even shamnesty, and said Bushs emphasis on reform over border security threatened our sovereignty. The bottom line you know it and I know it is they want this amnesty, Limbaugh explained. In early 2007, he warned Republicans that pushing immigration reform would lead to the marginalization, if not the destruction, of the Republican Party. He also said that beating back [the] amnesty bill will be great for [the] conservative movement.

Limbaughs attacks on Bush only increased after immigration reform was killed. For example, during the 2008 Presidential campaign, Limabugh went on tirade saying, Bush and McCain were both for amnesty! Bush and McCain were these illegals best friends, along with Ted Kennedy, he exclaimed. Last year, he criticized moderate Republicans, saying, weve had two people in our party literally, John McCain and George W. Bush, grant amnesty to how many millions of illegal Hispanics in the country.

While Bush and Limbaugh played nice and attempted to whitewash Limbaughs past statements he said many people thought it was amnesty, failing to note that one of the most prominent of those was himself theres no doubt to whom Bushs comments were directed.
__________________
Brendan

Last edited by bjkeefe; 12-04-2010 at 11:39 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Wonderment Wonderment is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,694
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
The amnesty for those who were brought into the U.S. by criminal parents will be followed by the amnesty to prevent the breaking up of families, bank on it.

As to the question of whether the DREAM Act will encourage or curb illegal immigration, one need only consider the 20 million illegals who have arrived since the 1986 Amnesty Act to formulate an answer.
That is great, Harkin. Please keep calling them "criminals." Within two years you should have the Latino vote for Republicans down to zero.
__________________
Seek Peace and Pursue it
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Busca la paz y s璲uela
--Psalm 34:15
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Ocean Ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US Northeast
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
I'm not saying the GOP shouldn't cooperate. I'm just saying that there are two sides to blame, not just one.
Yeah, yeah... Let's have a deal. Let's take turns to blame the other side. It just keeps business neat.

Right now, it's all the Republicans' fault. No DREAM act? Burn the Republicans at the stake! And Mark K. with them!

PS: The burning is metaphorical. I'm not a murderous person. For the most part.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:39 PM
operative operative is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,261
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
If you have to reach down to Newsbusters for support for your revisionist history efforts, you're really hurting, as an operative.

Try to remember what actually happened during those years:
Of course Limbaugh and some Republicans were driving forces against it. That does not change the fact that Obama was behind poison pill amendments designed to thwart the bill. Unfortunately the notion of bipartisan accountability appears to not quite be there for you yet.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:41 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Micky Kaus' latest on the Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcocean View Post
[...]
ibid.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 12-04-2010, 11:45 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. Sa家h
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Values Added: The Dream Act (Josh Bernstein & Mark Krikorian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operative View Post
Of course Limbaugh and some Republicans were driving forces against it.
(*falls over in a dead faint*)

Operative admitting the truth? What is this, April 1st or February 30th?
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.