Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Life, the Universe and Everything
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Life, the Universe and Everything Post comments about everything else here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 PM

Default What I will miss about vBulletin...

OK,

I can live with the changes the Bhtv is pushing through. I've got to be believe it was a dollars and cents-type decision. As a good capitalist, I understand the economic imperative and all that.

And while I share the feelings of those who lament the switch to Disqus, or whatever it's called, still, I feel compelled to state for the record why the change is for the worse.

It comes down to the loss of intimacy. I have (had?) genuine relationships with a lot of the regulars here. As Nikkibong said in a post on the other site, the old comments section had the feel of a familiar neighborhood watering hole:

"Ah, look, there's Look, chipper as always. And there's iemJeff brooding under the dart board. I guess he and Sugarkang have been at it again. Relax guys, have a beer or a spritzer or whatever's your pleasure.

"I spy Ocean at the end of the bar, looking her usual, ravishing self. If I wink at her do you think she'll grace me with a coquettish smile?

"I see Don Zeko and Florian are teamed up against Badhat and Sulla -- and Wonderment?! What's up with that?

"No, Twin. I don't think Dubya's a war criminal. And you're not such a bad guy either -- you drive me nuts, but you're all right, when push comes to shove..."

That's what I'll miss. Here's to you all. [ADDED]: and to all those others too numerous to mention.

Last edited by rfrobison; 01-07-2012 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: deleted errant "I'