Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Values Added: Parallel Knowledge Systems (Michelle Goldberg & Michael Dougherty)

Dear Michelle,

Let's get some facts straight. The Black is Beautiful billboards were not put up by white conservatives. Toomanyaborted is a black organization and backed by black civil rights activist and concerned black people. There are other black pro-life groups like Radiance. The organization promotes black adoptions and it's founder, a black man, came into this world by a mother who chose life after being raped. She gave the baby up for adoption and his organization offers real hope for many.

The painful false analysis of white conservatives using the language of "Black Empowerment" and "Civil Rights" on billboards created by black activist was numbing. And then there's Michael Dougherty (my faux) conservative adding his mis-informed insight claiming white conservatives were using some "weirdo sentimentalism" when it came to civil rights language.

Thanks for spotting the "micro-trend" as you called it of "Anti-Abortion Feature Cinema. " Michelle, we're glad you noticed. Here's a list of movies with strong Pro-Life views: Juno, Waitress,Knocked Up,22 Weeks, Killing Girls (which received international accolates) and Distant Thunder to name a few.

Now it doesn't make to much sense to argue with a women who believes "cosmopolitanism is one of the highest values in the world." One might think of their highest values being, truth, justice, peace, duty or caring but I don't live in NY. However, I must state that what "strains my credulity"(your words not mine) is that you state "Pro-Lifer's are not actually concerned about pregnant women." You know that's not true, just google "Crisis Pregnancy Center."

Question for Micheal - Are you still Pro-Life? How do you think you did in that debate? Just wondering.