Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > General comments on Bloggingheads.tv
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

General comments on Bloggingheads.tv Post comments about our website here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Unit Unit is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Default TWIB=InsideGOP

Is it just me? What The Week in Blogs has really been about most of the time is Matt explaining or excusing inside baseball GOP politicking to Bill. No? When was the last time we heard Matt question Bill on the inside, behind-the-scene chatter about the Dems, whether in power or not? Sure there's a primary going on right now, but I worry what will happen once the GOP primaries are over.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2012, 07:46 AM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: TWIB=InsideGOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
Is it just me? What The Week in Blogs has really been about most of the time is Matt explaining or excusing inside baseball GOP politicking to Bill. No? When was the last time we heard Matt question Bill on the inside, behind-the-scene chatter about the Dems, whether in power or not? Sure there's a primary going on right now, but I worry what will happen once the GOP primaries are over.
Bill has always been very, very passive, while Matt is clearly quite shrewd. I think Matt knows he can take advantage of the personality dynamics to turn TWIB into, basically, a platform for promoting (a) right-wing politics, and (b) Matt.

Don't get me wrong: I like Matt. But that's what seems to be happening.

NB. I haven't watched TWIB since the nakba.
__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Unit Unit is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Default Re: TWIB=InsideGOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSwords View Post
Bill has always been very, very passive, while Matt is clearly quite shrewd. I think Matt knows he can take advantage of the personality dynamics to turn TWIB into, basically, a platform for promoting (a) right-wing politics, and (b) Matt.

Don't get me wrong: I like Matt. But that's what seems to be happening.

NB. I haven't watched TWIB since the nakba.
Yes, whatever "the two have", "that thing they do", is not unpleasant, only borderline boring though (at least to me). Yes they're crossing the ideological divide and do engage in friendly banter, but in fact they rarely address any ideological positions. It's all pragmatic day-by-day political maneuvering.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Sulla the Dictator Sulla the Dictator is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,364
Default Re: TWIB=InsideGOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
Is it just me? What The Week in Blogs has really been about most of the time is Matt explaining or excusing inside baseball GOP politicking to Bill. No? When was the last time we heard Matt question Bill on the inside, behind-the-scene chatter about the Dems, whether in power or not? Sure there's a primary going on right now, but I worry what will happen once the GOP primaries are over.
I'm unaware of much actual ideological diversity in the Democratic party. Perhaps you can elaborate on what they should be discussing?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Unit Unit is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Default Re: TWIB=InsideGOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulla the Dictator View Post
I'm unaware of much actual ideological diversity in the Democratic party. Perhaps you can elaborate on what they should be discussing?
They're the party in power. It's not like there's no disagreements. They might be kept hush right now, but they'll surely surface once they're out of power again. I'm not so much interested in Democratic inside-baseball either, to tell you the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Sulla the Dictator Sulla the Dictator is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,364
Default Re: TWIB=InsideGOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
They're the party in power. It's not like there's no disagreements. They might be kept hush right now, but they'll surely surface once they're out of power again. I'm not so much interested in Democratic inside-baseball either, to tell you the truth.
Maybe. But yes, since they're in power, the differences are pretty hidden. The GOP had all of the current divisions under Bush, but kept it pretty tied up until Bush's amnesty program. After that the box was open.

Though I've always considered the DLC to be the one real fracture in the Democratic party, and that crowd had vanished by 2008. The median Democrat seems pretty far leftward of the old DLC standard.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 AM
badhatharry badhatharry is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: eastern sierra
Posts: 5,413
Default Re: TWIB=InsideGOP

good insight
__________________
"By pursuing his own interest he frequently promotes that of the society more effectually than when he really intends to promote it." Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.