Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2012, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Means and Ends (Joshua Cohen & Glenn Loury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Zeko View Post
He certainly has, but I'd be pretty careful about using Glenn as a barometer for the left in general. Like Wonderment, he is very professionally and emotionally invested in the issues where Obama has been the most disappointing, so he's been much quicker to break with the President than the average liberal.
I'm pretty concerned about a fairly wide variety of issues including the global warming, constraining the American empire and ending the killing of civilians, single payer healthcare reform that might actually work, financial regulation, the erosion of civil liberties, prosecution of war criminals in the previous administration and financial criminals on Wall Street, closing Guantanamo, campaign finance reform, etc. Obama has disappointed on all these issues, and I broke with him long ago.

This, of course, leaves me between a rock and a hard place in terms of who to vote for. If I vote again for Obama, I sign my name to his policies. If I write in a name, I'm essentially casting a vote for the Republicans. This seriously sucks since any of the potential Republican candidates will likely move things toward a disastrous outcome even faster than Obama is.