Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-03-2011, 07:38 PM
bkjazfan bkjazfan is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 1,192
Default Re: Penny For Your Thoughts (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus)

In my zip code of Los Angeles there are 101 registered sex offenders via the Megans Law website. Almost without exception they are males and at least 80% of them sexual committed sexual acts with children (under the age of 14). Unbelieveable!

Last edited by bkjazfan; 12-03-2011 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-03-2011, 07:50 PM
miceelf miceelf is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,569
Default Re: Penny For Your Thoughts (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkjazfan View Post
In my zip code of Los Angeles there are 101 registered sex offenders via the Megans Law website. Almost without exception they are males and at least 80% of them sexual committed sexual acts with children (under the age of 14). Unbelieveable!
It's a serious problem. But I wonder how many of them were themselves under 16 when they engaged in those sexual acts.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-03-2011, 09:55 PM
badhatharry badhatharry is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: eastern sierra
Posts: 5,413
Default Re: Penny For Your Thoughts (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thouartgob View Post
Ya got me grammar nazi (or if you were apple grammar muslim ) When Frum was one of you not Bob.
Wrong again!!! I'm not a Republican. But I must confess that I need to register as one so that I can vote in the primary. But I am not a Republican.
__________________
"By pursuing his own interest he frequently promotes that of the society more effectually than when he really intends to promote it." Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-03-2011, 10:32 PM
bkjazfan bkjazfan is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 1,192
Default Re: Penny For Your Thoughts (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceelf View Post
It's a serious problem. But I wonder how many of them were themselves under 16 when they engaged in those sexual acts.
I am under the impression that they all are adults when they committed suich heinous acts.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-03-2011, 11:30 PM
miceelf miceelf is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,569
Default Re: Penny For Your Thoughts (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkjazfan View Post
I am under the impression that they all are adults when they committed suich heinous acts.
I don't know the specifics in your area. but there are a lot of registered sex offenders who got on the rolls for behaviors they engaged in when they were, themselves under 16 (in some cases, as young at 10).
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Wonderment Wonderment is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,694
Default Re: Penny For Your Thoughts (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus)

The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006.
__________________
Seek Peace and Pursue it
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Busca la paz y síguela
--Psalm 34:15
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-04-2011, 01:42 AM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: Penny For Your Thoughts (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceelf View Post
I don't know the specifics in your area. but there are a lot of registered sex offenders who got on the rolls for behaviors they engaged in when they were, themselves under 16 (in some cases, as young at 10).
Even younger. I just saw this the other day:

Quote:
Six Year Old Wisconsin Boy Being Prosecuted For Playing Doctor, With A Five Year Old

Parents of a five-year-old girl in Grant County, Wisconsin are pressing charges for first-degree sexual assault against a then six-year-old (now seven-year-old) boy. The accusation? Playing doctor with their daughter.

Although too young to be prosecuted, the boy could be listed on the permanent sex offender registry when he turns 18.
(Source)
__________________
"All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." -- Adam Smith
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-05-2011, 01:29 AM
thouartgob thouartgob is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
Default Re: Penny For Your Thoughts (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhatharry View Post
Wrong again!!! I'm not a Republican. But I must confess that I need to register as one so that I can vote in the primary. But I am not a Republican.
At least you are not a DemocRAT. Alrighty then you and Frum are an independents who votes republican is that ok
__________________
Newt Gingrich:“People like me are what stand between us and Auschwitz.”
Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.