Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Stupid pointless flame wars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Stupid pointless flame wars Flame wars from diavlog threads are dumped here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)
All hope abandon, ye who enter in.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:32 PM

Default The Usual Suspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatfur View Post
She took one for the team and skipped the Gala!!
Your "American Thinker" screwed up and linked to a piece that pretty much undermines your hysteria. Excerpt:

Quote:
But the reason Mrs. Obama made the trip -- and other facts, not rumors about the travel -- are important in knowing the whole story and understanding why she made the call to go.

First, some numbers. Mrs. Obama did not travel with 40 friends, a number used by some news outlets.

She vacationed with two women, one of them a longtime Chicago pal, Anita Blanchard, who is the obstetrician who delivered Sasha and Malia. Blanchard is married to Marty Nesbitt -- President Obama's buddy and the treasurer of Obama's presidential campaign fund.

So why did Mrs. Obama go to Spain at this time? She's not tone-deaf politically. What was behind the "mother-daughter" vacation?

A White House source told me that Blanchard's father passed away and Mrs. Obama was not able to make the funeral at the beginning of July. Blanchard had promised her daughter she would take her to Spain for her birthday. She asked Mrs. Obama and Sasha to come with. (Malia is at overnight camp.)

"She felt it was important as a dear friend to do this," I was told.

How did they end up at the five star Villa Padierna, part of the Ritz-Carlton chain? Because of security concerns, there were just some places they could not go. Agents were able to secure Villa Padierna and the nearby beach area.

Totally not true, though reported by some big-league outlets: Mrs. Obama did not attend a charity ball at their hotel hosted by Antonio Banderas and Eva Longoria on Saturday night. Mrs. Obama went out to dinner with her pals.

There was one other woman. Total: four daughters among the three women. They paid for their hotel rooms and other personal and travel expenses.

The trip involved six White House advance staffers and two East Wing staffers, deputy Chief of Staff Melissa Winter and Mrs. Obama's personal assistant, Kristen Jarvis, according to Mrs. Obama's spokeswoman Catherine McCormick Lelyveld.

Mrs. Obama does travel with significant security -- and in a trip like this, three shifts of uniformed and plain-clothes agents and military personnel flew with her on a big Air Force 757. No matter where she goes -- domestic or international -- any first lady gets protection and she does not decide how many agents are needed.
On a related note, there's this, at the bottom of a post rounding up wingnut smears and lies about the trip (from Drudge, Erickson, Kaus, etc.):

Quote:
These right-wing commentators were curiously silent when the Bush family took vacations. The New York Times noted that Laura Bush took a vacation every year of her husband’s presidency, with Secret Service agents and a government plane. Also, Media Matters calculated the cost of President Bush’s frequent trips to his ranch in Crawford, TX, Camp David, and the family compound in Kennebunkport — he took more vacation time than any president — and put the tab at $20 million for air travel only.
More Right-Wing Noise Machine lies about the First Lady's trip.

Question: Will TSOF demand that Instapundit "Stay Classy?" What about the totally not-at-all-racist Rush Limbaugh?

==========

[Added] BTW, this "American Thinker" blogger, Jeanne DeAngelis, didn't just start obsessing about Michelle Obama this week. She was already frenzied and using double standards a year ago.

Last edited by bjkeefe; 08-10-2010 at 04:39 PM..
Old 08-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Whatfur

Default Re: The Readiness Is All (Michelle Goldberg & Dayo Olopade)

Kinda contextual there Queefy. In any case, hysterical? That be you.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Kinda contextual there Queefy.
Noted for the record.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
Noted for the record.
Just out of curiosity, why do you consider it homophobic when he calls you that? It's not a nice word, but last I checked it had nothing to do with homophobia. Or do you not understand what the word means?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwhisoxx View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you consider it homophobic when he calls you that? It's not a nice word, but last I checked it had nothing to do with homophobia. Or do you not understand what the word means?
Hard as this may be for you to believe, chiwhi, this is not my first time around the block. Nor did I recently change my last name. So, believe it or not, I am in fact aware of the other, more widely-used definition and have been for some decades now.

However, I am also aware of the motivations/obsessions/worries of 'fur.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Whatfur

I applied that moniker to Brendan for its common meaning. He has accused me of using it for other reasons only recently soas to work the refs.

Speaking of sensitivity, how about those Twins!!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I applied that moniker to Brendan for its common meaning. He has accused me of using it for other reasons only recently soas to work the refs.
Wrong. I have no interest in working the refs. As far as I'm concerned, if the Bh.tv admins are not going to do the single thing that would improve this site immediately -- ban you -- then they should let us fight it out for ourselves. I got no worries about the words you use. I can take care of myself.

I note where you use slurs because it is helpful, at times, in pointing out to the powers that be just how unbalanced their affirmative action program for conservative commenters gets at times.

I also note them because someday your AFK identity is going to be revealed, and I enjoy thinking about the scrambling and sputtering you'll be doing at that time when all of my noted-for-the-record posts are gathered up in one place.

And finally, I note your slurs because I know it bothers you when I do. This stopped you from calling me "Perez" and from saying "fag" explicitly, did it not? All right then.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Whatfur

Quote:

And finally, I note your slurs because I know it bothers you when I do. This stopped you from calling me "Perez" and from saying "fag" explicitly, did it not? All right then.
I was asked by the admins to stop using Perez and Bitch in Heat when I referenced you...don't flatter yourself? And fag? Linky?

Last edited by Whatfur; 08-11-2010 at 07:40 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Whatfur

Quote:
Wrong. I have no interest in working the refs.
You're a liar. You know it and I know it. (you just suggested my bannage you dumb ass...you can't go 2 posts without contradicting yourself)

Quote:
... I enjoy thinking about the scrambling and sputtering you'll be doing at that time when all of my noted-for-the-record posts are gathered up in one place.
Bring it on.

Last edited by Whatfur; 08-11-2010 at 08:01 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
You're a liar. You know it and I know it. (you just suggested my bannage you dumb ass...you can't go 2 posts without contradicting yourself)
Nope. My pointing out that this forum would be improved immediately if you were banned is a simple statement of fact. Just a little something else for the record. I don't try to work refs, ever, and especially not when it's clear they're in the tank for your kind. So don't start crying -- it's obvious to everyone and has been for years that no matter what you type, you're not going to get banned. You're protected by Bh.tv's We Value Our Conservative Commenters™ program.

Quote:
Bring it on.
Tough talk. Be careful what you ask for. You're not as pseudonymous as you think. Especially when you've made the mistake of sending me threatening email through a channel you thought would hide your address.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Nope. My pointing out that this forum would be improved immediately if you were banned is a simple statement of fact. Just a little something else for the record. I don't try to work refs, ever, and especially not when it's clear they're in the tank for your kind. So don't start crying -- it's obvious to everyone and has been for years that no matter what you type, you're not going to get banned. You're protected by Bh.tv's We Value Our Conservative Commenters™ program.

Tough talk. Be careful what you ask for. You're not as pseudonymous as you think. Especially when you've made the mistake of sending me threatening email through a channel you thought would hide your address.
Do you have any, oh I dunno, proof of this alleged conservative commenter affirmative action policy? Anything beyond "OMAN THAT FUR GUY HASN'T BEEN BANNED YET!!!!111"?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Do you have any, oh I dunno, proof of this alleged conservative commenter affirmative action policy? Anything beyond "OMAN THAT FUR GUY HASN'T BEEN BANNED YET!!!!111"?
Go back and listen to the last Commenter Court. That phrase I appended the ™ to is a direct quote, and Bob has said those same words half a dozen times in previous diavlogs.

And no, I am not going to bother listening to them again to spoon-feed you dingalinks, so don't ask. Give your kneejerk tribal loyalties a rest.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Whatfur

Quote:
Nope. My pointing out that this forum would be improved immediately if you were banned is a simple statement of fact.
Actually your little sabbatical a couple months ago was quite a vacation for all here.

Quote:
First I have no doubts about my lack of anonymity, thanks to work over and above the call of duty by my Troll the creep. No worries on my part.

Second, I have dared you to produce said email in the past where at the time you lied about numerous emails and PMs only to backpedal to the correct number... ONE. And still that you failed to produce while continuing, like you do here, to lie about its content. Face it, you are a liar and a hypocrite, and most here have either witnessed or experienced that fact.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Actually your little sabbatical a couple months ago was quite a vacation for all here.
Disagree. But your winter sabbatical at the ice-hole, alone except for the comfort of your mukluks, provides the forum a beautiful reprieve from the nastiness, ignorance and self-reference (third person singular) of an average post by the myth of 'fur .

Quote:
First I have no doubts about my lack of anonymity, thanks to work over and above the call of duty by my Troll the creep. No worries on my part.
Put whatfur into the google box ... there it is. The myth of the big-time world traveling computer wiz has been deflated. If you desired anonymity, you ought to have considered applying it. As I've said before, and will repeat for as long as you continue to flatter yourself ... nobody cares!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Whatfur

Another liar...You did a bit more that that you creepy little troll.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Cite?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Whatfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
Cite?
You know the truth.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
You know the truth.
You can't handle the truth.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
There's exactly one person in this thread who's been busted for lying. Funny how he's the one making the accusation about everybody else.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Whatfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
There's exactly one person in this thread who's been busted for lying. Funny how he's the one making the accusation about everybody else.
Whoda guessed, Heeerrreess Jeffy!!!! Is that all you got??? Been hanging on to that for quite a while have you? OMG Jeffy, you are pathetic. So you think that would equate with me hunting down your wife's website and linking to personal contact information?

"Everybody"? Queef and creepy furtroll graz.

Yes I piled on (for myself)there mucking with Queef with knowledge that admin was there watching (Christ, how stupid can you be, it was Brenda's thread) and able to correct. It had NO consequence except to find lefty Brenda SOOOO offended by my feigned knowledge that she banned me.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Whoda guessed, Heeerrreess Jeffy!!!! Is that all you got??? Been hanging on to that for quite a while have you? OMG Jeffy, you are pathetic. So you think that would equate with me hunting down your wife's website and linking to personal contact information?

"Everybody"? Queef and creepy furtroll graz.

Yes I piled on (for myself)there mucking with Queef with knowledge that admin was there watching (Christ, how stupid can you be, it was Brenda's thread) and able to correct. It had NO consequence except to find lefty Brenda SOOOO offended by my feigned knowledge that she banned me.
As I said, nobody cares.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Whatfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
As I said, nobody cares.
The creep and his friends obviously do.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
The creep and his friends obviously do.
Not really. But if you stop wasting everyone's time with your self-piteous victim narrative -- things would change. Try it -- I double dare ya!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Second, I have dared you to produce said email in the past where at the time you lied about numerous emails and PMs only to backpedal to the correct number... ONE.
Yes, it was only one email. My reply to it scared you from sending another through that channel, obviously. I have previously acknowledged this, you might recall.

We can continue to count the PMs separately, if you like. I have granted you this minor point in the past, if you will also recall.

But thank you for finally admitting to your actions of sending me threatening messages. This is a first, if I am not mistaken.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Whatfur

Quote:
Yes, it was only one email. My reply to it scared you from sending another through that channel, obviously. I have previously acknowledged this, you might recall.

We can continue to count the PMs separately, if you like. I have granted you this minor point in the past, if you will also recall.

But thank you for finally admitting to your actions of sending me threatening messages. This is a first, if I am not mistaken.
I forget little...you invent much. There is no admitting to any threats. You once again perpetuate the lie. You are a liar.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I forget little...you invent much. There is no admitting to any threats.
Pretty hilarious, given what I already quoted you as saying. What, are you going back and editing posts again or something?

Quote:
You once again perpetuate the lie. You are a liar.
Protest too much much?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Whatfur

Quote:
Pretty hilarious, given what I already quoted you as saying. What, are you going back and editing posts again or something?

Protest too much much?
You kind of missed "And still that you failed to produce while continuing, like you do here, to lie about its content"...but of course you knew that because you are a fraud.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
You kind of missed "And still that you failed to produce while continuing, like you do here, to lie about its content"...but of course you knew that because you are a fraud.
Protest too much much?

Next time, not just boldface, but ALL CAPS!!!1!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Whatfur

Quote:
Protest too much much?

Next time, not just boldface, but ALL CAPS!!!1!
Next time, don't leave off part of my post just so you can lie about what it contained.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Next time, don't leave off part of my post just so you can lie about what it contained.
I quoted the relevant part. There is a link back to your post for anyone who wants to see the rest of your noise, so stop crying.

You do realize the more you carry on, the more you're just confirming your guilt, right? People can smell it through the screen.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Whatfur

Quote:
I quoted the relevant part. There is a link back to your post for anyone who wants to see the rest of your noise, so stop crying.

You do realize the more you carry on, the more you're just confirming your guilt, right? People can smell it through the screen.
Ahhhh yes, you quoted the relevant part and lied about the missing part...but hey it was linked somewhere so its all good. Pbbbt.

Yes, I rely on people here being intellectually honest enough to ferret out the truth. On the other hand, you rely on their overlooking it. I also rely on those who are intellectually dishonest to at least feel a bit of angst, like you are feeling now.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Ahhhh yes, you quoted the relevant part and lied about the missing part...but hey it was linked somewhere so its all good. Pbbbt.

Yes, I rely on people here being intellectually honest enough to ferret out the truth. On the other hand, you rely on their overlooking it. I also rely on those who are intellectually dishonest to at least feel a bit of angst, like you are feeling now.
Nobody cares.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
...but hey it was linked somewhere so its all good. Pbbbt.
Ahhh, I love the smell of petulance from the guilty. Smell it! Smell it!

Sorry it's so hard for you to figure out that the little arrow icon in the blockquote (next to the part where it says your username in big bold letters!) is a link back to the post whence the quoted material came, but hey, those are your mad 'puter skillz, not mine!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:

It can't be easy on him ... it's a long slog for the count of incredulity to register any positive feedback. Well, that's if he had any sense of how others perceive him. If you trust numbers: My count of the flame war posters has him in the lead by a substantial margin. I can't figure out how to put it in a spreadsheet ... maybe he'll give me a computer consult ... as he is an internet explorer master.

Last edited by graz; 08-12-2010 at 07:15 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
LOL
Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 PM

Default More Evidence of the Derangement Syndrome?

You know what OTHER word starts with M and has two Es in it?

Michelle, that's what.

Hence:

I mean, I don't know for sure, but wouldn't it be irresponsible NOT to speculate?

[Added] I suppose another possible explanation is that they learned spelling through the same edumacation process that taught them math.

[Added2] Moar.

Last edited by bjkeefe; 08-10-2010 at 06:10 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 06:36 PM

Default Re: The Usual Suspects

I don't know whether it is hilarious or disturbing that the Bh.tv overlords consider this "stupid, pointless flaming," but it is something.

Quote:
Quote:
She took one for the team and skipped the Gala!!
Your "American Thinker" screwed up and linked to a piece that pretty much undermines your hysteria. Excerpt:

Quote:
But the reason Mrs. Obama made the trip -- and other facts, not rumors about the travel -- are important in knowing the whole story and understanding why she made the call to go.

First, some numbers. Mrs. Obama did not travel with 40 friends, a number used by some news outlets.

She vacationed with two women, one of them a longtime Chicago pal, Anita Blanchard, who is the obstetrician who delivered Sasha and Malia. Blanchard is married to Marty Nesbitt -- President Obama's buddy and the treasurer of Obama's presidential campaign fund.

So why did Mrs. Obama go to Spain at this time? She's not tone-deaf politically. What was behind the "mother-daughter" vacation?

A White House source told me that Blanchard's father passed away and Mrs. Obama was not able to make the funeral at the beginning of July. Blanchard had promised her daughter she would take her to Spain for her birthday. She asked Mrs. Obama and Sasha to come with. (Malia is at overnight camp.)

"She felt it was important as a dear friend to do this," I was told.

How did they end up at the five star Villa Padierna, part of the Ritz-Carlton chain? Because of security concerns, there were just some places they could not go. Agents were able to secure Villa Padierna and the nearby beach area.

Totally not true, though reported by some big-league outlets: Mrs. Obama did not attend a charity ball at their hotel hosted by Antonio Banderas and Eva Longoria on Saturday night. Mrs. Obama went out to dinner with her pals.

There was one other woman. Total: four daughters among the three women. They paid for their hotel rooms and other personal and travel expenses.

The trip involved six White House advance staffers and two East Wing staffers, deputy Chief of Staff Melissa Winter and Mrs. Obama's personal assistant, Kristen Jarvis, according to Mrs. Obama's spokeswoman Catherine McCormick Lelyveld.

Mrs. Obama does travel with significant security -- and in a trip like this, three shifts of uniformed and plain-clothes agents and military personnel flew with her on a big Air Force 757. No matter where she goes -- domestic or international -- any first lady gets protection and she does not decide how many agents are needed.
On a related note, there's this, at the bottom of a post rounding up wingnut smears and lies about the trip (from Drudge, Erickson, Kaus, etc.):

Quote:
These right-wing commentators were curiously silent when the Bush family took vacations. The New York Times noted that Laura Bush took a vacation every year of her husband’s presidency, with Secret Service agents and a government plane. Also, Media Matters calculated the cost of President Bush’s frequent trips to his ranch in Crawford, TX, Camp David, and the family compound in Kennebunkport — he took more vacation time than any president — and put the tab at $20 million for air travel only.
More Right-Wing Noise Machine lies about the First Lady's trip.

Question: Will TSOF demand that Instapundit "Stay Classy?" What about the totally not-at-all-racist Rush Limbaugh?

==========

[Added] BTW, this "American Thinker" blogger, Jeanne DeAngelis, didn't just start obsessing about Michelle Obama this week. She was already frenzied and using double standards a year ago.