Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2011, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Sex and the Eurozone (Daniel Drezner & Megan McArdle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhatharry View Post
Interesting use of antagonize. I rarely respond to anything you write. I just couldn't let this one go, because although you used so many words, you didn't say anything at all.
Outstanding, badhat, really outstanding that you would respond to such nothingness.

Quote:
I didn't mention being aggressive. I think the technical term for what I am refering to is assertive and confident that a woman deserves as much attention when she speaks as a man (presuming she has something to say).
The problem is that you don't seem to realize that there's a difference between being assertive and confident and being aggressive, not to mention being obnoxious.

Quote:
You apparently think that women need to lay back and be handed opportunities because women shouldn't have to compete for attention. I mean, things need to settle before women can be regarded as good leaders.
Badhat you're really ignorant about what goes on in the real world outside your environment if you think that's what I was referring to. Perhaps if you were more willing to pay attention to what others say, or do some reading about the topic, instead of jumping with your knee jerk reactions, you would have saved some time by not writing this nonsense.

Quote:
And most telling of all is the suggestion that if a woman stands up for herself, which is really what I said, she would get kicked out.
No, that's not what I said. I said that women (or men) were as obnoxious as you have been in this forum, they would be kicked out from normal civilized environments.

Quote:
I'm wondering if you're the kind of woman who doesn't speak up in public but works your will behind the scenes and behind the backs, which is a kind of aggression that women excel at.
Oh, worry no more! If anything has gotten me in trouble to some degree, it has been to be outspoken and very direct, with a tendency to stand up for others as well. Over the years I've learned to pick my battles, but I haven't lost assertiveness. And, no, no backstabbing at all, unless you consider backstabbing calling the police when you see a creep trying to break in your home or something similar to that.