Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2011, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Sex and the Eurozone (Daniel Drezner & Megan McArdle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhatharry View Post
Really? I mean aren't there many situations where the person in charge is questioned or sabotaged or disrespected, be it a man or a woman?

All of these 'mays'. It could just as easily go the other way, no?

Always? I'd imagine that if she is ineffective in the way you describe she really doesn't have leadership skills and shouldn't be in the job she holds.

What stereotypical responses? That people don't follow people who don't have leadership skills? I'd imagine that would continue regardless of whether people settle or not.

I'm sure you will be shocked to know that I never wait patiently. If I am paying for a class or spending my time to participate in a meeting I would never let someone over-ride me. I think women who complain after they let people roll over them are silly.
If you could control your impulses to antagonize anything I write, you might have been able to understand what I said.

Your aggressive skills may take you far in the environment where you are. You would be kicked out of many places just about the second time you open your mouth to say something typically badhatharry-nasty, my friend, whether you are a man or a woman in that case.