Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2011, 01:04 AM

Default Re: World Historic Edition (Mark Schmitt & Daniel Foster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Zeko View Post
See also: 21 Reasons Newt Gingrich won't be the Republican nominee for President. Some highlights:

Quote:
- scribbled a note describing himself as an “Advocate of civilization, defender of civilization, teacher of the rules of civilization, arouser of those who form civilization, organizer of the pro-civilization activists, and leader ‘possibly’ of the civilizing forces”;

- called Paul Ryan’s budget “right-wing social engineering” and then, two days later, said, “The budget vote is one that I’m happy to say I would have voted for...So, let me say on the record: Any ad which quotes what I said Sunday is a falsehood”;

- called for “a massive new program to build a permanent lunar colony to exploit the Moon’s resources”;

- suggested that “a mirror system in space could provide the light equivalent of many full moons so that there would be no need for nighttime lighting of the highways”;

- helped the GOP lose the 1995 government-shutdown showdown by saying that “part of why you ended up with us sending down a tougher continuing resolution” was that he didn’t get good enough seats on Air Force One;

He forgot to mention his humble demeanor, his ability to keep the population of the US out of Auschwitz, his 13th degree black belt in super-kung-fu and X-ray vision. Christ I hope he wins the nomination. I wanna see him leap tall buildings and cure cancer and ...

Would he actually be the craziest person in the last 50 or 100 years to be nominated ??