Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Whatfur

Default Re: Bomb Iran? (Flynt Leverett & Reuel Gerecht)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamandcheese View Post
So Gerecht is more credible now because he's more unique? To whom do smaller voices speak louder? And are you conceding that Gerecht advocated intensely for a war with a conviction not based on rational introspection or evidence seeking, but rather hive-mind and group think? And does that not end his credibility anyhow? Rhetorical question?
Mr. Sandwich,

Lets not spread the mustard too thin. I am saying that was then and this is now and that it would be folly to dismiss Gerecht arguments because someone found an article written a decade ago where he also advocated intensely and along with many others was not entirely correct. Instead of playing dumb and trying to attack what you considered the weak link in my case, I suggest in the future you go with the pumpernickel like a man.

I submit the following to diffuse the follow-up accusing me of not answering your questions and I apologize in advance for some coming with questions themselves...

Is he unique? I don't think so.
Did you hear much pushback from Flynt on the quoting of "small voices" he asks as he liturally quotes small voices? I didn't...mainly yabut yabut responses.
No, I concede no such thing. That is your invention. I believe its obvious that Gerecht floats his own boat.
The previous answer negates the necessity of answering the final two, I believe.