Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > General comments on Bloggingheads.tv
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

General comments on Bloggingheads.tv Post comments about our website here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #321  
Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 AM
handle handle is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,986
Default Re: Research is a good thing

BTW I'm kinda stuck with my handle, it's not that great, I know, the point was you get to make up new ones. I did see "I'mwiththebanned" for the second it was up there... not bad actually, I like it, but not really covert enough, apparently.
This is goodbye Mr. Creepy Crawler, not gonna feed dead trolls. You seem pretty unbalanced anyway (still). I seriously, and sincerely think you need to get some help, and my sincere wish for you is that you do, and that it works. If you can't do it for yourself, then do it for those around you. My personal experience has been that the best path leads away from alcohol, and/or drugs, and only gets better from there.
Godspeed, and snap out of it.. find your bootstraps young man.
__________________
"God is a metaphor for that which trancends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that." J. Campbell

Last edited by handle; 10-18-2010 at 12:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 10-18-2010, 11:10 PM
nikkibong nikkibong is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,803
Default Re: question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebannedplayedon View Post
Brenda and her team of flying monkeys once again attempted to block my IP in spite of the fact that there are bunches of proxy methods out there.

Do know gang, that they are capturing your IP address here and WILL use it against you? Log in from work? They know where you work. Log in from home they know your location. Add to that the fact that the brainiacs here let people like Keefe/Twinswords etc. manage this info. Dial ups (I may have been the last to use it) are vulnerable to virus attack...so when I questioned whether they were capturing it in the past and they went dumb...there was a reason. I had a dial-up at the time that I was bombarded by viruses a year or so ago...during a highly contentious period.

While they left some of the other anonymous logins I used to inform that my death had been exaggerated...do note that they are deleting these notes concerning your IPs .....

More soon...probably with a different name and a different proxy. Night kids.

Oh and "look" thanks for watching my back. You rock.
i would recommend TheBeautifulAndBanned for your next handle...
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 10-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Don Zeko Don Zeko is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Exiled to South Jersey
Posts: 2,436
Default Re: Comments policy - DRAFT - feedback requested

You seriously need something better to do with your time. Basically everyone here needs to internalize this message better, but I think it goes double in your case:
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 10-20-2010, 02:42 AM
rfrobison rfrobison is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 1,629
Default Re: Comments policy - DRAFT - feedback requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Zeko View Post
You seriously need something better to do with your time. Basically everyone here needs to internalize this message better, but I think it goes double in your case:
__________________
Send lawyers, guns and money/Dad, get me outta this
--Warren Zevon--
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:04 PM
look look is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,886
Default Brenda?

I see that Lyle is back as Fluffy Foo Foo, but he's not been re-banned. Fur came back as Lmaki, but was kicked out, even though he didn't cross lines.

Will you please consider letting Fur have one more chance?

Last edited by look; 11-30-2010 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:07 PM
graz graz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,162
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post
I see that Lyle is back as Fluffy-froo froo, but he's not been re-banned. Fur came back as Lmaki, but was kicked out, even though he didn't cross lines.

Will you please consider letting Fur have one more chance?
As froo-froo would say: Ha!

And I will say: Pathetic!
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:15 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
As froo-froo would say: Ha!

And I will say: Pathetic!
That's "haha" to you, mister. ;^)

But yes. Wow. This is like those stories you hear about women writing letters proposing marriage to serial killers in prison.

[Added] I will say that it is a little puzzling why Lyle has been allowed back, even as he flaunts who he is. Not that he's as toxic as 'fur was, but that's a bar so low it doesn't even deserve to be called a bar.
__________________
Brendan

Last edited by bjkeefe; 11-30-2010 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:31 PM
graz graz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,162
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
[Added] I will say that it is a little puzzling why Lyle has been allowed back, even as he flaunts who he is.
I would attribute it to his employing the art and science of diplomacy. He's expert ... doncha know?
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:33 PM
nikkibong nikkibong is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,803
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post
I see that Lyle is back as Fluffy Foo Foo, but he's not been re-banned. Fur came back as Lmaki, but was kicked out, even though he didn't cross lines.

Will you please consider letting Fur have one more chance?
funny. that was somehow not the conclusion i expected you would draw from your premise...!
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:35 PM
look look is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,886
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibong View Post
funny. that was somehow not the conclusion i expected you would draw from your premise...!
I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Fluffy Foo Foo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post
I see that Lyle is back as Fluffy Foo Foo, but he's not been re-banned. Fur came back as Lmaki, but was kicked out, even though he didn't cross lines.

Will you please consider letting Fur have one more chance?
What's really amazing, as far as I can tell, you've never been banned. I simply got banned for publicly disagreeing with Brenda. You on the other hand (although, you're much better than you use to be) defame people left and right and use ad hominem like nobodies business. Yet, mysteriously never banned like whatfur.

Inconsistency and isanity on someone's part.

Last edited by Fluffy Foo Foo; 11-30-2010 at 03:39 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:55 PM
look look is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,886
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Foo Foo View Post
What's really amazing, as far as I can tell, you've never been banned. I simply got banned for publicly disagreeing with Brenda. You on the other hand (although, you're much better than you use to be) defame people left and right and use ad hominem like nobodies business. Yet, mysteriously never banned like whatfur.

Inconsistency and isanity on someone's part.
Ahem. And please don't call Brenda isane.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Fluffy Foo Foo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post
Ahem. And please don't call Brenda isane.
Actually, I'll describe what she did how I want to. How would you describe her decision making Look? Why hasn't bjkeefe ever been banned, yet I was? Isn't it a bit odd for someone to be permanently banned for simply publicly stating that they disagree with a moderator's decision?

Why would you even want whatfur back if you didn't disagree with Brenda's decision?

You publicly disagree with Brenda's decision, don't you Look?
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:17 PM
look look is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,886
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Foo Foo View Post
Actually, I'll describe what she did how I want to. How would you describe her decision making Look? Why hasn't bjkeefe ever been banned, yet I was? Isn't it a bit odd for someone to be permanently banned for simply publicly stating that they disagree with a moderator's decision?

Why would you even want whatfur back if you didn't disagree with Brenda's decision?

You publicly disagree with Brenda's decision, don't you Look?
My point is you're here and Fur should be given another chance.

On the subject of consistency, I consider it to be in poor taste for commenters to be moderators of any sort. There has been blatant favoritism shown to liberals on this board, and I find it to be reprehensible.

Brenda is a good person who has always been kind to me in PM. I simply find fault with what I perceive as favoritism.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Fluffy Foo Foo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post
My point is you're here and Fur should be given another chance.

On the subject of consistency, I consider it to be in poor taste for commenters to be moderators of any sort. There has been blatant favoritism shown to liberals on this board, and I find it to be reprehensible.

Brenda is a good person who has always been kind to me in PM. I simply find fault with what I perceive as favoritism.
Good. Well said.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
graz graz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,162
Default Victimhood Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post
There has been blatant favoritism shown to liberals on this board, and I find it to be reprehensible.


Amazingly, you continue to try to work the refs on behalf of your serial killer boyfriend. Does he write the posts, and then you just clean up the spelling and syntax errors?
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:36 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post
On the subject of consistency, I consider it to be in poor taste for commenters to be moderators of any sort.
Even from someone as dishonest as you, it is astounding that you would bring this bullshit yet again. You have been corrected on it multiple times. The only reason I can think for you to be saying it yet again is that, like your heroes 'fur and kidneystones, you care only about disrupting this board because you're petulant: the site doesn't bend itself to your every childish whim, and so you're having one of your tantrums, manifesting as an attitude that anything you can't have your way, you'd just as soon break it and ruin it for everyone else. You are a disgrace.

For the record, in case there are any new members who are wondering, the only comment moderation done on this site is done by the site admins, like Brenda (Bhtv's executive editor) and Aryeh (a senior editor). No one who regularly comments on this board does any comment moderation. Period. Three of us (AemJeff, TwinSwords, and I) have the authority to delete obvious spam. That is all.
__________________
Brendan

Last edited by bjkeefe; 11-30-2010 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: missing "it"s, add titles for Brenda and Aryeh
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Fluffy Foo Foo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Victimhood Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
Amazingly, you continue to try to work the refs on behalf of your serial killer boyfriend. Does he write the posts, and then you just clean up the spelling and syntax errors?
Defamation.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Fluffy Foo Foo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
Even from someone as dishonest as you, it is astounding that you would bring this bullshit yet again. You have been corrected on it multiple times. The only reason I can think for you to be saying it yet again is that, like your heroes 'fur and kidneystones, you care only about disrupting this board because you're petulant: the site doesn't bend itself to your every childish whim, and so you're having one of your tantrums, manifesting as an attitude that anything you can't have your way, you'd just as soon break and ruin for everyone else. You are a disgrace.
Defamation and ad hominem.
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:53 PM
graz graz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,162
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post

On the subject of consistency, I consider it to be in poor taste for commenters to be moderators of any sort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
Only BhTV staff will moderate comments. And maybe this is a good time to re-state for the record that the few non-staff forum members who've been deputized to delete spam are NOT authorized to moderate other posts and have NEVER done so. (When I first gave them the spam-deleting capacity, I unthinkingly accepted the default vBulletin "moderator" label for users with that level of access. Big mistake. I apologize for the confusion this caused.)

I think all the regulars know the deal, so how about knocking off the needling of the spambusters for their supposed "moderator" role? It's probably confusing the newbies.

And while we're on the subject: Much appreciation to our spam-deleting volunteers for their mostly unsung efforts at keeping the forum tidy. I don't thank you enough.
Case re-closed?
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:54 PM
graz graz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,162
Default Re: Victimhood Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Foo Foo View Post
Defamation.
I apologize. Maybe he is a good speller.
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 PM
bjkeefe bjkeefe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Not Real America, according to St. SaŽah
Posts: 21,798
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
Case re-closed?
Thanks for finding that post from Brenda. I do not think it will have an effect on look, for reasons mentioned earlier, but it might be of interest to new members.
__________________
Brendan
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:42 PM
handle handle is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,986
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by look View Post
My point is you're here and Fur should be given another chance.

On the subject of consistency, I consider it to be in poor taste for commenters to be moderators of any sort. There has been blatant favoritism shown to liberals on this board, and I find it to be reprehensible.

Brenda is a good person who has always been kind to me in PM. I simply find fault with what I perceive as favoritism.
Alas, you post in vain I fear, as Nanook pined for another, and I speak not of his betrothed. I tried to spare your feelings, but you insist on pursuing this. Try to remember what happened, and to whom. Time to move on, I suspect there are scores of other belligerent narcissists in the sea.

Fear not however, Lyle is an obnoxious little fear monger with no respect for authority and will not last much longer, haha! My prediction, ahh.. less than one month. Anyone for starting a poll?
__________________
"God is a metaphor for that which trancends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that." J. Campbell

Last edited by handle; 11-30-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Fluffy Foo Foo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by handle View Post
Alas, you post in vain I fear, as Nanook pined for another, and I speak not of his betrothed. I tried to spare your feelings, but you insist on pursuing this. Try to remember what happened, and to whom. Time to move on, I suspect there are scores of other belligerent narcissists in the sea.

Fear not however, Lyle is an obnoxious little fear monger with no respect for authority and will not last much longer, haha! My prediction, ahh.. less than one month. Anyone for starting a poll?
Defamation and ad hominem.
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 11-30-2010, 06:11 PM
handle handle is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,986
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Foo Foo View Post
Defamation and ad hominem.
Insight and foresight.
__________________
"God is a metaphor for that which trancends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that." J. Campbell
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 11-30-2010, 07:04 PM
chiwhisoxx chiwhisoxx is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,490
Default Re: Brenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Foo Foo View Post
Actually, I'll describe what she did how I want to. How would you describe her decision making Look? Why hasn't bjkeefe ever been banned, yet I was? Isn't it a bit odd for someone to be permanently banned for simply publicly stating that they disagree with a moderator's decision?

Why would you even want whatfur back if you didn't disagree with Brenda's decision?

You publicly disagree with Brenda's decision, don't you Look?
Of course you CAN say nasty things about Brenda's decision in public. But that doesn't mean that BHTV bigwigs have to tolerate it. Like it or not, this is a forum with an authority structure, where people try and decide what is best for the boards. They say what goes, and it's a horrific constraint of your freedom to toe the relatively lax rules laid out for posting here.
__________________
She said the theme of this party's the Industrial Age, and you came in dressed like a train wreck.
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Fluffy Foo Foo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Brenda?

Way to point out the obvious man. Here's you a . The funny thing is I never challenged Brenda's authority, I simply questioned her decision. That's not exactly the same thing, nor is it the same thing to point out the lack of fairness or inconsistency in her execution of authority.
Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.