Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2011, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Rave On (Robert Wright & Ann Althouse)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaquias View Post
It always amuses me to hear Althouse raise her "left wing credentials". It reminds me of those closet racists: "who, me, a racist? I even have negro friends". Are we supposed to take her as unbiased simply because she claims to have voted for Obama, even if she attacks Obama from the right on every occasion? I think Rush Limbaugh is a fool, but you have to admire his coherency. He doesn't try to portray himself as a left winger or even a centrist. Althouse has every right to speak her outlandish right wing views. She just has to stop insulting our intelligence by claiming to be mostly leftist. In Europe, she would be joining a ultra-right wing party, and even then...
I'm not quite sure it's accurate to say Ann Althouse identifies as a "leftist." Afterall, she uses that term disparagingly all the time. But point well taken. And I too am so sick of the but-I-voted-for-Obama statements. I just hope she stays true to her true cause, Republicanism, and votes Republican in the next presidential election.

Point taken!