Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > General comments on Bloggingheads.tv
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

General comments on Bloggingheads.tv Post comments about our website here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM

Default Re: holy cannoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhatharry View Post
Ruin my cause on a long since abandoned forum. That's rich.

Your original point (?) was that Rutan had no business weighing in on the subject of climate change because he is not a scientist. AND your other brilliant point was to say that the writer of the editorial (which it was not and who you could not identify) mis-stated that 16 scientists signed it. And clearly speaks to the credibility of the entire piece, IMO.

And then you accuse me of picking silly points to argue. Hilarious.
My original point(!) was that you were simply linking to Murdoch propaganda which you were, and I never said "Rutan had no business weighing in on the subject of climate change because he is not a scientist.". But you are correct that the headline of the article falsely claimed it was signed by 16 scientists. "Brilliant point" or not, it's true. And clearly speaks to the credibility of the entire piece, IMO.

Whoever wrote that drivel did not claim authorship, and since you think sixteen guys got together and wrote it, then prove it. This seems unlikely to me.

Quote:
And BTW, my husband is an electro-mechanical engineer and when asked, he said that very often he was involved in scientific endeavors in his R&D work. So I would say that there are many cutting edge engineers (of which even you would have to admit Rutan is one) who could honestly call themselves scientists. Not to mention the fact that an engineer of his stature is certainly qualified to speak about the efficacy of the climate models and statistics which are being offered in the research.
I know about your spouse already (you've alluded to this before), and I am an electro-mechanical engineer who designs, fabs, and consults on equipment for scientific research and would never claim to be a scientist, as this is simply incorrect. Signing a document to that effect by me would constitute fraud, IMO. And a double fraud when I (or Rutan) do not have PHD's in hard science, nor have we published scientific works in any field, let alone those even remotely related to climate science.

Quote:
And you never explained just what is the the defining feature of science or a scientist that makes it/him unique...except to say DUHHHH!

I suspect that is because you can't.
Please try to follow the discussion before you claim someone has not made a point. The "duhhhh!" was accompanied by a link plus a quote, which you have neglected to acknowledge, let alone refute. I suspect you are now grasping at straws with your false implication that I can't do what I (and Jeff) have already done here.

I do appreciate you falsely summarizing my points though, because dead forum or not, it makes you seem a little detached from reality. Kinda like all your "science" links. You have issues with critical thinking that are degrading your credibility.
Are you saying you don't care because you think no one is reading this?

Last edited by handle; 01-31-2012 at 05:02 PM..