Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > General comments on Bloggingheads.tv
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

General comments on Bloggingheads.tv Post comments about our website here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2010, 04:43 PM

Default Requested Topics Thread

This may somewhat overlap with the "New Diavloggers we would like to see" thread, but I still think it would be nice to have a thread for requesting topics when one doesn't have a specific diavlogger in mind.

I would like to see a diavlog about the regulation of toxic chemicals. Sub-topics I would like to see covered would be one evaluating how the EU's REACH ( Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals ) has worked out so far. Other possible subjects include a general overview and evaluation of Massachusetts' TURI (Toxics Use Reduction Institute) and the new Head of the FDA.

I would like to see a diavlog about different EGS (Enhanced geo-thermal systems) . It would also be nice to have a legal discussion about the ramifications of deep geothermal inducing small seismic activity (Did the case of this regarding Basel finish yet?).

I would like to see a diavlog about BPL (Broadband over Powerlines). This is important because it will be important for the smart-grid and boosting broadband penetration in rural areas (Did Bush push for BPL? I kind of vaguely remember him talking about this). I admit that I have been deeply skeptical of BPL in the past, but I recently read an article about a trial that was done in Larissa Greece which seemed to overcome the main technical challenges. An in depth look at this topic would be appreciated.

Now that some time has passed, a Diavlog evaluating the stimulus package would be nice.