Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > General comments on Bloggingheads.tv
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

General comments on Bloggingheads.tv Post comments about our website here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 PM

Default Re: More on Fakegate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
There's something called climate change, with an anthropogenic component that may create great havoc for the entire planet, that draws my attention a little bit more than this petty stuff that you seem to find so important. So, true these quarrels don't give me pause, but I would encourage you to stop and think after putting some perspective in the topic. Although you've been clinging to anything that could possibly blemish the idea of AGW with such desperation, that perhaps we should just let you go on with it until it gets warm enough for you up in those beautiful mountains.

There will be more fights among peripheral groups. The oil industry won't let this alone, there's much profit at risk. So, you have it made if this is the battle you decided to pick.

It feels lonely over here, I admit.
I'm not sure how to respond to this. Stop and think after putting some perspective in the topic? What can this mean?

You seem to have the opinion that the character of the people who are on your side of the issue isn't important and yet you cling to the meme of your 97% and want to trust them and the people who conducted the study... because? And, how can it feel lonely amongst such an overwhelming majority?

This whole thing has been handled incredibly badly ever since Gore burst upon the scene with his apocalyptic visions and predictions... none of which have come true or were set so far in the future that it was impossible to test their veracity or accuracy. He thought he could scare the crap out of people and that would be that. It is not the oil companies who have influenced the majority of skeptics who are still in possession of their common sense.

Last edited by badhatharry; 02-26-2012 at 02:44 PM..