Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2010, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Michelle's tame bit of snark that unsurprisingly made the usual suspects go crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
Thanks.

Man, some of you people of the right are a little high-strung about this, aren't you?

The sooner you all stop denying that there's any problem whatsoever with racism on the right, and racial fear-mongering and dog-whistling among so many of your side's loudest voices, the sooner snarky little comments like that will stop getting made.
I commented concerning a specific claim, that criticism of the India trip was suspect as racist in motivation; I made no global claims about the Left or the Right. I'll acknowledge that some conservatives are racist if you'll acknowledge the same for Robert "white ******s" Byrd, Joe "clean and articulate" Biden, Harry "no Negro dialect" Reid, and Ruth Bader "growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of" Ginsburg.

On the other hand, if you seriously think Chris Mathews is racist (or conservative!), the conversation probably isn't worth the trouble. I think of you every time Bob Wright mentions the civility that characterizes the bh comments section.