Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2011, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Talking Black (John McWhorter & Glenn Loury)

My passionate support of candidate Obama - maximum financial donation & extensive campaign work - would not have been one bit more or less passionate if candidate Obama had been white. It was based wholly on what he said and how he said it - and what he said was that he was going to drastically improve health care (strike 1), allow Bush's tax cuts for the rich to expire (strike 2), and create millions of jobs while cutting our ties to Arab oil by rebuilding the infrastructure with solar power and other green technlogies (strike 3). He also said he would combat global warming (strike 1 on the next batter), deal with the ridiculous abuses of the constitution by the previous administration (strike 2), and fight for the middle class against corporations (strike 3).

I could complete a 9-inning 27-strikeout perfect game and have ammunition left over - Glenn says it's unrealistic for Obama to do any of this - but Obama SAID categorically that he would and to doubters like Glenn (who as I recall was a big doubter - if you reviewed his pre-election warning about Obama they would sound quite prophetic) Obama said - "not this time" "yes we can" and so on - leading millions to believe that he would act on his rhetoric, including myself.

Bottom Line: irregardless of race, Obama sucks. Do I think his race has played any role whatsoever in Obama's presidency? No. Is he marginally better than Bill Clinton? Yes. Will I hold my nose and vote for him instead of Romney or whomever? Yes. Will I contribute? Not this time. Will I work on the campaign? Not this time. Do I have one iota of respect for Obama. Hell no.