Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2010, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Science Saturday: Who Got What Wrong? (Jerry Fodor & Elliott Sober)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
You find Fodor personally objectionable and rather than say a single worthwhile thing about any of his positions you find satisfaction in quoting the replies others have made to him (and then you barely even give us their arguments, just their conclusions), even though BJKeefe already provided those replies. I find this objectionable, smug, defensive, and self-serving, all from a guy complaining about the same in Fodor.
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Unfortunately, I can't see the point of reiterating arguments others have already made quite well and relatively briefly. Summarizing them would add nothing and would detract much. I generally try to provide some sort of basis for my positions, but I find responding substantively to Fodor to be the equivalent to responding substantively to ID proponents. So call me smug. Maybe even objectionable. Defensive and self-serving require a little explanation, though, I think.

Is your irritation with my post perhaps induced more by the fact that I didn't make any claims you can argue with? BTW, where is it that you are "complaining about the same in Fodor?"

Last edited by Me&theboys; 03-21-2010 at 03:03 PM..