Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Life, the Universe and Everything
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Life, the Universe and Everything Post comments about everything else here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2012, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Another Victim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledocs View Post
I am also a "jazz-man" from the Bay Area, now living in France. I wonder how many times you and I might have been to the same event at Keystone Korner.

You didn't go to Lowell High School in San Francisco, did you?
i grew-up in little rock, ark. i moved to sf in 1967, right around the corner from "the both/and". i remember when t-odd barkin bought "keystone" from bill graham. i lived in both places, pretty much for the duration. i talked t-odd into using the idea of the "both/and card" as the "keystone card"(10 admission's for a fixed fee).

i had many "brite moments" there until t-odd's mouth hit my fist, during a lou tabackin(?)/akiyoshi(?) concert, and i never went back. i was there every week until that incident, unless i was out-of-town. i love music, but tend to hate musicians and the plantations that they have to work on.

i am a bitter old man, but how many genius's does anyone want to meet?". i call myself an "xjazzman" who loves improvisation. the great Sam Rivers, just died, and he also lived in little rock for a while as a child.

James leary(JAMLEAR on youtube) the bassist of the eddie marshall, george cables(the remnant of the old "fourth way") house trio, is also from little rock. sadly eddie died last september.

I WAS THERE!!! i used to sit in the dark corner below the sound booth, soaking-up "the sounds". the staff thought that i was anti-social because i hardly talked to anybody, and was always alone(mostly).

I CAME TO LISTEN TO MUSIC!!

i am sure that we crossed paths many times!!

P.S.
John Stubblefield(1945-2005), tenor man and i were in jr. high together. i taught "stub" to read music, and he flew off and left me.

Pharoah Sanders(Ferril Saunders) was our contemporary from north little, ark.

Last edited by Uhurusasa; 02-27-2012 at 02:55 PM..