Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Kudos to Bob for setting the record straight on his hero, Ron Paul

My vague recollection of the NPT is that it is an agreement that in return for continuing technical assistance in regards to such things as a civilian nuclear power sector the target state receiving said assistance will eschew military applications of fission/fusion. It seems we roughly agree. This is why I'm puzzled that you think Iran breaking the terms of this treaty gives justification for other states to execute military aggression against Iran if economic aggression does not work. Perhaps I misunderstand you. Sovereign states withdrawal from treaties they no longer find beneficial all the time. See; The United States and the anti-ballistic missile treaty. Seems to me the only thing other states should be justified in doing in response to Iran breaking this treaty is withdrawing support concerning their civilian nuclear programs, breaking off other treaties with Iran they have, and not creating future treaties with Iran. They are free to do what they want and we are free not to do business with them.

Now, I don't want Iran with nukes, because I think Iran is crazy. I'm okay with us forcing the issue because our economic/military block is bigger then theirs. All this stuff about the NPT is rather besides the point. Words are wind.