Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2008, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Goldfarb has earned a biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscivorous View Post
You know it is about time you people that continually cry about we were told this and that and what ever and accept the reality of the fact is that we are there, we removed the evil SOB, and that we now need to spend the time money and lives necessary to bring a reasonable calm to Iraq irregardless of what reasons were given.

There is a song by the Eagles, from a few years ago titled "Get Over It." Or one could say grow up.
Piscivorous,

Really? "Get Over It" is the best you can offer?

Nothing personal, but I expected better from you. Of course we are there, and of course we have to do whatever we can to make the best of a bad situation. Nobody is arguing that, although there are many good-faith arguments which can be made about what difference we can make, and how best to go about it. It appears to be hard for you to imagine this, but many liberals actually want to make the best of the clusterf*** that the Bush administration allowed to happen in Iraq, too. We just have different ideas about what might bring it about.

But, if I recall correctly, this topic came up in the context of what to do vis-a-vis North Korea. Now, it doesn't seem entirely irrelevant to that discussion to talk about how we got into Iraq, and whether or not the reasons given were legitimate, or proffered in good faith. Yes? In light of today's study documenting over 900 false statements made by Bush administration officials in the 2 years leading up to Iraq, this seems very relevant to me. Unless, of course, you are arguing that the ends justified the means when it came to Iraq, in which case I assume that the same course of action is called for in North Korea as well...